Chapter 24

"Mount Hakurei?" Sesshomaru asked.
"Yes. He's either there now or he's going to be there," Lyra told him. "But it will definitely be that mountain."
He gave a single nod. "Let's go."

Sesshomaru turned away and resumed walking as the others followed. Lyra just hoped her vision was correct. It had been all out of whack since she left and she couldn't make sense of anything. Hopefully she would be able to understand them better.

They had been walking for quite a while and for most of the time it was just Lyra and Rin talking to each other and playing games. Jaken quickly grew annoyed, however Sesshomaru appreciated the girls' talking and laughter.

Rin hummed happily as she let go of Lyra's hand and skipped ahead. The day was so beautiful. It was a picture perfect scenery with blue skies, fluffy white clouds, the sun shining. Little white butterflies fluttered around, landing on the random flowers dotted around the fields before flying off again. Lyra was glad that Rin was still able to have such a positive attitude towards the world even after everything she had been through. And that was why she admired the little girl.

"Lord Sesshomaru, I'm feeling quite hungry," Rin said. "Can I get myself some fish?"
Sesshomaru stopped walking and looked down at her. "Take Jaken with you."

The imp was utterly displeased with his words but he knew better than to disobey him. As Rin happily ran off with Jaken following behind, Lyra stood beside Sesshomaru.

"I have to admit I hope they return with some fish," she said. "I'm going to go and help them."

Just as she was about to follow after them, Sesshomaru grabbed her hand causing her to look back at him.

"What's wrong, Sesshomaru?"
"Are you in pain?"
Smiling softly, she shook her head. "No. I can feel it a little but it's fine."
"Very well." He suddenly looked ahead. "There are wolves ahead."

Lyra's eyes widened. Rin and Jaken had just gone in that direction. Sesshomaru made her stay close as he made his way towards the river. After making their way through the trees and exiting out by the river, they saw a couple of wolf demons and a small pack of wolves from the Wolf Demon Tribe. They seemed to be getting ready to fight Jaken who was holding up his staff. Lyra noticed that Rin had been crouching behind Jaken in fear and she understood why.

Sesshomaru looked at the wolf demons. "Jaken, what's all this commotion?"

Rin got up and hid behind Sesshomaru instead as the wolf demons began to step back. As Lyra observed the demons closer, she realised she had met one of their tribe members before; Koga. These two in front of them, however, seemed a lot less forward and brave than the one she had met. Sesshomaru only had to look at them, simply his presence causing them and the wolves to back away slowly.

"Who are you and what do you want?" asked the one with the dimples.
"You looking for a fight?!" yelled the one with the mohawk, holding up his fist.

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at them, causing them to cower back.

"We're leaving but it's not out of fear," Dimples said.

The demons and the wolves then fled the scene.

"Rin?" Sesshomaru called still looking in the direction the wolf tribe had left.
"Yes?" she responded, looking up at him.
"Weren't you going to catch yourself some fish?"
She smiled and gasped. "Yes!"

Rin made her way happily to the lake, already spotting fish swimming by. Lyra laughed quietly to herself, catching Sesshomaru's attention. He simply stared at her with his usual blank expression, wondering as to what she found so amusing.