Chapter 25

Lyra walked beside Rin who was sitting on top of A-Un. Jaken was in front of them whilst Sesshomaru lead the way further ahead. Sesshomaru was deep in thought about something and so was Lyra, but she was contemplating something totally different to him.

Since the night before, she kept on receiving random visions. The visions made no particular sense and instead of an actual scene playing out, she could only see flashing images. None of the images seemed to connect either. One showed Naraku but he was weak. There was another showing the silhouette of seven people. And the final one was Sesshomaru. Either they all linked or they didn't link at all. But she felt a negative vibe in the atmosphere. Something big was going to happen.

"Hm! That Naraku!" Jaken suddenly exclaimed, bringing Lyra out of her thoughts. "Just wait! I'll show him a thing is two, I can assure you."

He chuckled at the end, his laugh and words of bravery making Lyra smile. Sesshomaru stopped walking. He could smell Kohaku's scent, making him wonder if Naraku was near. It only confirmed they were heading in the right direction thanks to Lyra's previous vision. She wondered what he was thinking about. It was times like that she wished he would tell her. She wanted to speak to him as well about her odd visions but his own mind seemed to be elsewhere.

"So, I was wondering, Lord Sesshomaru. Why do you seek Naraku?" Rin asked as they continued walking to catch up to him.
Jaken looked back at her over his shoulder. "Don't you know anything? It's because Naraku abducted you and Lady Lyra that Lord Sesshomaru is bent on vengeance."
Rin smiled brightly and gasped. "It's all because of us?"
"Don't be so conceited, you silly child!" he reprimanded, still looking back at her. "It's not about you. Lord Sesshomaru's honour has been insulted!"
Lyra leaned a little torward Rin. "It's a little bit about us as well," she whispered with a wink, making the girl giggle quietly.

Lyra saw that they had reached where Sesshomaru was standing and soon stopped walking. However, Jaken continued forward still looking back at the girls and not noticing what he was about to walk right into.

Lyra tried to stop him. "Uh, Jaken..." she said quietly.
He continued though, ignoring her. "Don't let his calm demeanour fool you. Underneath he is a boiling, angry, seething mass off- Uh oh..."

He walked into the back of Sesshomaru's leg, causing him to freeze and halt his words. Sesshomaru glared down at the imp over his shoulder with the coldest expression Lyra had ever seen. Jaken whimpered in fear before a loud whack echoed throughout the area. Lyra flinched. She was certain she saw a flower flow a little to the side from the force of Sesshomaru's hit. Jaken was instantly left with a huge lump on his head.

"I've got to learn to keep my mouth shut," Jaken cried quietly.
Rin had climbed down to get a closer look. "I see what you mean."

Sesshomaru didn't bother waiting for them as he resumed his walking. Lyra leapt over Jaken and jogged to catch up to him. Once she did, she noticed that he still seemed deep in thought.

"That really wasn't necessary," she said to him.

He didn't say anything nor did he even acknowledge her. His mood was so odd at times but she knew there was so much on his mind at that point. It would have been best to possibly give him some space.

With a quiet sigh, she turned to go back to Rin and Jaken. But Sesshomaru had taken hold of her wrist, forcing her to stay by his side as they walked. She smiled softly and gave in as he let go. It was what she wanted anyway.

"What are you thinking, Lyra?" he asked.
She was slightly taken aback by his question. "What do you mean?"
"I have been observing you since this morning. Something is bothering you."
"I'll tell you if you tell me what you're thinking about," she bartered.
He side eyed her before looking ahead again. "This wasn't a negotiation."
"Well, it is now. I have to use it to my advantage," she said humourously as she folded her arms. "So, will you or won't you?"
"Will it make you happy to learn my thoughts?"
"Yes."
He sighed quietly. "Very well. Tell me."