Chapter 7

Sesshomaru pretended he didn't hear them and looked at Rin. "Take Lyra to the nearby lake and help her clean up."
"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin answered.

She instantly grabbed Lyra's hand, making her stand up before leading her through the thin line of trees and bushes to the lake. Sesshomaru ordered Jaken to stay put with A-Un before he walked away without another single word as usual.

The lake was large and rather beautiful. The water was crystal clear and glittered as it reflected the sunlight now peaking over the tree tops. It looked extremely refreshing. Lyra took off her shirt, jeans and shoes, leaving her underwear on, before folding them neatly even though they were dirty. She wouldn't have enough time to wash and dry them so she would have to get back into them after she washed herself.

Rin sat on the side and dipped her feet in as Lyra walked into the cool water. The initial chill struck against her skin and tensed her muscles, but she quickly became used to it as her body temperature lowered. Lyra smiled brightly as her body felt invigorated. The weakness from earlier was not as bad anymore. Cupping some water in her hands, she washed the dirt from her face before feeling a sting on her lower lip. She seemed to have a small cut and bruise but she didn't worry too much about it. Looking at Rin, she smiled softly as she watched the little girl kicking her feet gently.

"Rin, I'm sorry I didn't speak to you before I left," Lyra said as she swam over to her.
Rin simply grinned back. "It's okay. I understand why you had to go. I did miss you though, and so did Master Jaken."
"Really? Jaken?" she raised a brow in disbelief. She couldn't imagine him missing her considering all he did was complain about her.
Rin nodded. "And although he never said, I'm sure Lord Sesshomaru missed you as well."
"What makes you say that?"
"Well," Rin put a finger to her chin and looked up, "one time, master Jaken and I were playing Eye Spy and Lord Sesshomaru got annoyed. But when I told him it was a game you taught us, he let us play. He even joined in!"
"Really?" Lyra giggled as she imagined Sesshomaru playing the game with them.
"Yeah, but he only answered the things we had to guess," she explained. "And when Kagura told him that Naraku had you, he stopped at nothing to find you! Otherwise he was telling Kagura he was under no obligation to destroy Naraku until she told him that."

Lyra was taken aback by Rin's words. Of course she had no doubt that Sesshomaru had gone solely to rescue her, but she wouldn't have thought he would drop his own plans just to go after her. Perhaps he had only gone to actually destroy Naraku and after not finding him there, he took the time to save her. But either way, she was grateful and in his debt.

"Rin," Sesshomaru's voice called from beyond the trees.
She jumped up. "Coming, Lord Sesshomaru!"

She ran off towards the trees and disappeared for a little while leaving Lyra alone. She stayed floating in the lake, laying back and allowing the density of the water to keep her floating. The skies were a calming blue and not a single cloud was in sight. Breathing out softly, she closed her eyes. It had been a long time since she had arrived in that world and so much had happened. She would have to go back home at one point and explain everything to her father. He would think her a lunatic but she was sure Kagome would be able to vouch for her. Once she settled everything there, she would return and help the others defeat Naraku.

"I'm back!"

Lyra lifted her head to see Rin running back with something in her hands. It was a folded up piece of material of some kind. Lyra swam to the edge before climbing out of the lake and perching herself atop of a boulder so she could dry off. Rin held the item out to her with a smile.

"What is it?" Lyra asked.
"Lord Sesshomaru got this for you," Rin giggled.
Lyra took it hesitantly, examining the folded fabric. "For me?"

Rin nodded as Lyra brushed her hand over it. The material was extremely soft and the pattern was beautiful yet elegant. She unfolded it and held it out in front of her. It was a kimono. The material faded from white to a musky purple towards her feet with a print of white blossoms on the ends of the sleeves and at the bottom. Lyra couldn't believe that Sesshomaru had gone out of his way to find her a kimono. Her mouth hung open slightly as she looked back and forth between the kimono and her dirty clothes.