Chapter 58

The next morning, Lyra woke up to the twins crying. Sesshomaru was trying to calm them down but it was difficult to juggle two of them at the same time. She didn't realise how she had managed to sleep for so long but she forced herself awake to help Sesshomaru.

"They must be hungry," she said groggily. "I'll try to feed them both at the same time."
"Will you be able to?" he asked.
"Yeah. I have two boobs so why not?"

Sesshomaru couldn't argue with that logic. Lyra slowly sat up, not wanting to further cause damage to her healing. Once she was up, she gathered cushions around her so they could help her to support Ryu and Rai. Once she was set, she opened up her kimono to free both of her breasts. Sesshomaru wasn't phased by it at all since he was used to it when Mikazuki used to be breast fed. He passed Ryu over to her first and she latched him on. His crying instantly stopped as he began drinking. Then Sesshomaru placed Rai down on the other side and he too fell silent.

"I will check on Mikazuki," he told her. "Will you be okay?"
She smiled and nodded. "Yes. And please can you bring him in with you? I really miss him."
"Of course."

After Sesshomaru left the room, she sighed and looked down at the two babies. She felt so lucky to have been blessed with two babies in one go. It was a real surprise but she was so happy. Now she had three sons who she knew would make Sesshomaru proud.

She looked at Rai. "I expect you to look out for Ryu," she said before looking at Ryu. "And the same goes for you." Then she looked back at Rai. "Or are you Ryu and he's Rai?" she said, her eyes glancing back to Ryu before darting back and forth between the two of them. "I am such a terrible mother..."

Because her hormones were so all over the place, she sat there and began sobbing while feeding them. After a few minutes, Sesshomaru returned. Upon finding her in tears, he got worried and rushed over to her.

"Lyra, are you hurt?" he asked as he kneeled down beside her.
She shook her head and sniffed. "No. It..." She breathed shakily. "It's just..."
"Just what?"
She looked at him and sobbed. "I can't remember who's who."
Sesshomaru sighed deeply out of relief that she wasn't hurt. "Is that something to cry over?"
"But... But..." She sniffed. "I'm a bad mother. I don't even know who my own children are."
"Lyra, you will get used to it." He gently held Ryu's head. "This is Ryu." He then moved his hand to Rai. "This one is Rai."
"See? How come you never forget?" she questioned through her crying.
"You just gave birth to them yesterday evening. Your body went through plenty of trauma." He moved to sit behind her before running his fingers through her hair. "You are an incredible mother."
"Yeah. An incredibly idiotic mother."
"Don't be silly." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her shoulder. "You're the world's best mother. You saved Mikazuki from Naraku."
"I guess..." She sniffed again. "Where is Mikazuki anyway? I thought you were going to bring him."
"He's sleeping."
"I miss him."
"I will bring him now if you wish."
"Yes, please. Ryu and Rai have fallen asleep too."

Sesshomaru helped her by taking Ryu from her and placing him inside the cot. He then took Rai and placed him beside Ryu. Luckily the cot was big enough for the both of them, however, they decided to get them both separate ones so they could grow properly.

Sesshomaru went and got Mikazuki and carried him with his head on his shoulder since he was still asleep. Lyra quickly held her hands out because she wanted to hold him.

"Be careful," he told her. "Do not move too much."
"Okay, okay. Just give me my baby."

Sesshomaru lowered the sleeping Mikazuki down into her awaiting arms. She smiled brightly as she lay him down across her lap whilst holding him in her arms. She brushed some of his hair back from his face.

"He seems so big now..." she said sadly.
Sesshomaru sat down beside them. "I agree. He does. And now he has a responsibility to his brothers."
She frowned at him. "He's still just a baby."
"I mean when he's older. Besides, I already know that Mikazuki will become a great role model for Ryu and Rai."
"Yes, he will." She smiled and leaned down to kiss his forehead. "I still can't believe he's three years old. Do you remember when he took his first steps?"
A small smile reached Sesshomaru's lips. "I do."