Chapter 13

Kanna had left the room so Lyra was unable to see Sesshomaru or what was happening at that moment. Her body was still paralysed and she was stuck with Naraku. Well, his puppet. The room felt damp and the puppet was cold against her body. It only made her yearn to be within Sesshomaru warm and firm grasp. All she wanted to know was if Sesshomaru was okay. She had envisioned Naraku targeting him but she didn’t know exactly what. She simply hoped Naraku was unsuccessful.

The puppet had told her that the window in that room was fake. It looked as thought it was night but it was just an illusion. She didn’t know how much time had passed since she had been brought to the godforsaken castle. It could have been hours or days, she couldn’t be sure. However, it hadn’t been long since Kanna had left and Lyra soon felt the puppet stiffen under her. Something must have happened for the puppet to curse under its lifeless breath.

‘What’s happening..?’
“Damn you, Sesshomaru,” the puppet growled.

It then suddenly crumbled under her causing her to yelp as she fell on top of a pile of dirt. Opening her eyes, she came face to face with the demon puppet. She gasped and quickly sat up to get away from it.

“I can move again...”

She lifted her hands up in front of her and clenched her fists a couple of times to return the feeling in them. Stretching her arms and back, she stood up with only one intention in her mind. Turning on the spot, she ran to the only door in the room. When she went to slide the door, she came across an unexpected problem.

“No... No, no, no!”

She patted and slid her hands all over the door but her heart dropped. The door was also just an illusion. It felt just like the rest of the wall. Out of anger, she threw a punch at the illusionary door only to hurt her own knuckles in the process. Clutching onto her hands, she cursed her own idiocy but mainly yelled curses at Naraku. Turning to the window, she looked at it with a ray of hope. The sky may be an illusion but surely the window was real.

“Please...”

The window in that room took up pretty much the entire wall. It was closed off with wooden panels going vertically all the way across. Lyra may not be able to squeeze her way through but it wouldn’t stop her from trying to break it. Rushing over to the window, she held onto one of the panels, examining it closely to find any weak points. Unfortunately, the panels were quite thick on strong. She tried shaking them, hitting them and kicking them only to fail.

Collapsing to the ground after multiple attempts of trying to break free, she looked out to the fake sky. She hoped Sesshomaru was somewhere out there looking for her. Her focus then moved to the lifeless puppet in front of her. It looked as though it was just staring at her and it literally gave her the creeps. She quickly picked it up and threw it out of the window.

“Freak.”

***

Inuyasha had somehow managed to break through Naraku's barrier and arrive at the scene where Naraku had engulfed Sesshomaru with his flesh. However, it wasn’t long before Sesshomaru had freed himself and almost successfully destroyed Naraku. He would have gone after him before Naraku easily distracted him by mentioning Rin.

Of course he would also have to find Lyra but he knew Naraku would keep her alive. He wouldn’t kill off the oracle yet he wouldn’t hesitate to murder Rin, even if it wasn’t directly by his own hands. It was all part of his plan to bide time and escape. Now all traces and senses of him had completely disappeared. Sesshomaru, not even listening to a word Inuyasha was saying, rose up into the air and left the scene. He had no time to waste.

Following Rin's scent, he came across her laying unconscious in a field, a young boy holding up his weapon over her. Sesshomaru landed behind him, catching the young boy's attention and soon, the boy had turned to face him.