Chapter 50

Sesshomaru dug his nails a little into her throat. Lyra was frozen, unable to think straight at all. She breathed out shakily. It didn't make sense. She couldn't understand why he was so angry.

"Speak, Lyra," he said in a frighteningly calm tone. "Who is Mikazuki?"
"Why d-d-does it matter?" she trembled.
"Who is Mikazuki?" he repeated.
She gulped. "He... I've only dreamt of him twice b-but...I... I believe he is my son..."

His eyes widened at her answer and he instantly let go of her. His action only confused her more but she was grateful he let go. Taking a step away, she turned to face him to see him staring at her in shock.

She frowned in confusion. "What is it?"
He breathed out deeply and forced his heart to calm down its erratic beating. "I've dreamt of him once before. I do not sleep often but when I did, a baby appeared in my dream." He sat down and closed his eyes. "He was crying so I called out to him. His name was Mikazuki. But..." he sighed, "I knew he was my son. I woke up believing it was a silly dream but I'm unable to get it out of my mind. When you spoke his name in your sleep, it didn't make sense."
Lyra's heart panged uncomfortably. "Sesshomaru, you... You were also in my dream."
His head snapped up to look at her. "What?" he asked in shock, his brows furrowing slightly.
"You were standing in front of a palace, which oddly looked very similar to the Imperial Palace," she told him. "You weren't wearing a suit but traditional high class clothing."
He lowered his gaze to the ground and clenched his fists. "What connection do we have to one another? Why does this world not feel like home? And what is it that draws me to you?"

Lyra watched him. Tears were welling up in her eyes but she didn't know why. There must be some connection between them but she couldn't understand why they would both dream of the same baby and how they both felt that he was their son. She quickly wiped away her tears as they fell. They both were trying hard to connect it all together but it seemed there was still one piece missing.

Lyra believed she knew what the missing piece was.

"I would like to return to my apartment, please," she requested quietly.

He looked up at her for a few seconds before agreeing with a simple nod of his head. Without saying anything more, he got up and they both left his office. They were silent as they made their way down. The security guard simply bowed as they walked passed, agreeing to keep his mouth shut with the bribe.

As they left the building, Hokori sat in her car across the street and a little behind so that she wasn't spotted. She fumed upon seeing Sesshomaru and Lyra walk out together. She had seen his car parked outside the office whilst she was looking for him that morning. She had been waiting for him at his home but since he didn't return, she went to search for him instead. Witnessing him with Lyra, both of them in the same clothes from the night before, she knew exactly how they had spent the night. She watched how Sesshomaru opened the door for her and let her in before going into his side and driving off. Her hands squeezed around the steering wheel as if it was Lyra's neck. She had to get rid of her once and for all.

A deep voice echoed in her mind. "Kill her, Hokori. Kill Lyra. She stole your precious Sesshomaru from you." The voice chuckled evilly. "Make sure she receives a fitting punishment."
"Yes, Lord Naraku."

***

As soon as Lyra got out of the car and entered her apartment building, Sesshomaru left. Lyra entered her apartment and hurriedly showered before getting dressed. She hadn't been there even half an hour before she was back out again, making her way to the hospital as if she was on a mission.

She had to see Kanda. He was the missing piece. She believed he knew more about her than he was letting on and hoped it would fill the gap to link her story with Sesshomaru. Upon arriving at the hospital, she had a vague idea of what department he was in. It was her first time there so she wasn't too sure. Finding the department's reception desk, she saw a nurse sitting behind it and approached.