Scraps of months gone by (plus Aubrey)

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am an idiot. The last chapter is actually missing a scene that is kind of really important. I don’t know how it didn’t get in there…I guess that’s what I get for not typing my scenes in order.. anyway, it has been fixed now, but it you don’t want to go back to the last chapter, I’m posting the missing scene here. It’s very close to the end of the last chapter so there will be very little repetition. Sorry, sorry!!! This scene is right after Rika comes home from the twins and before Aubrey comes.

                Sirius and Remus were both wearing rather disturbing smiles. I sighed, putting down my book. “Alright, what’s going on you two?”

                “Well, we’d tell you,” Remus said, trailing off.

                “But then you’d have to kill me?” I asked.

                “No, just blindfold you first,” Sirius said, pulling a men’s tie out of his pocket.

                I stared at it for a moment, debating whether or not it was worth it. “…Alright, but get a different blindfold. I don’t want anything that’s been in your pockets touching my face.”

                Remus went to the kitchen and grabbed a clean dishtowel and wrapped it across my eyes. I was led outside, and Remus whispered a ‘hang on’ before the always unpleasant feeling of appaparating struck me. When my feet—the rest of me was only saved by Remus’s grip—hit the ground again,  my blindfold was ripped off. I blinked in surprise. I was looking at Remus’s house, but something was off.

                “Did the house get bigger?”

                My guardian’s grabbed my shoulders, leading me inside. They led me to a room downstairs decorated in red and gold.

                “This is Harry’s room,” Sirius explained, obviously excited. “Dumbledore said that he could stay here sometime this summer, and we want him to feel at home.

                I smiled, instantly loving the idea; Harry would be ecstatic.

                I barely had time to process it though, when I was being whisked upstairs to a second new room—Sirius’s room.

                “No more bunking with Moony!” Sirius declared proudly.

                His room was like a more mature version of Harry’s—deeper shades of gold and red, and more sophisticated furniture. Though the effect was ruined by the motorcycle posters.

                “Is this why we haven’t been here in so long? You guys were remodeling?”

                “We didn’t want you to see it till it was done,” Remus explained. “But there’s still one more thing you need to see.”

                Next they led me to my room. Outside my window, I could see a trellis had been set up, much like the one at Grimmuald. I gave it an approving nod. The most drastic change though was that a new door seemed to have materialized. I opened it, wondering if I was going to get another closet, but instead found a bathroom.

                “Since you’re a girl, we figured it was a little mean to make you share with two blokes—three when Harry gets here,” Sirius said.

                I turned to give them each large hugs. I was looking forward to some nice, long baths. “Are we staying here for a while?” I asked eagerly.