Stud-bucket McManlypants, elves love me

Author’s note: Sorry this chp is a little short. Thanks to everyone who voted/commented!

I gulped, taking in the murderous looks on both men’s faces.

“So,” started Sirius, “when did you plan on telling us that you’ve been spending an insane amount of time in Umbridge’s classroom.”

“And,” continued Remus, “That you were assigned detention with her.”

“..Um…Well…You see….I…..” Man it was hard to talk under death glares.

“Why?” asked Remi. “Why on Earth did you think that was a good idea?”

He seems to ask me questions like that a lot….

“I did it for Harry.”

“Harry? What’s he got to do with it? Is he okay? Is the toad-bitch hurting him?” Poor Siri sounded pretty panicked over the idea of Harry in trouble.

I sighed, choosing my words carefully. “I don’t trust her alone with him. Harry’s a smart kid, but he doesn’t have the self-control to hold his tongue around her. When I’m there though, I can focus the attention on myself instead of him.”

“Rika,” Remus shook his head. “You’re just a kid. You shouldn’t be worrying about protecting Harry, that’s our job.”

“But when it comes to Umbridge, there’s nothing you can do.”

Both men winced.

“That doesn’t mean you should get hurt!” Pads growled in frustration. “You’re just as young as Harry! I don’t want him in trouble, but it’s not right for you to take his troubles onto your shoulders!”

“You don’t get it! Harry has twice the amount of crap to deal with than I have! Dark wizards are constantly trying to kill him, his family is shit, he’s always got people watching him or restricting him, the Daily Prophet constantly mocks him, and the poor kid won’t complain about anything because he doesn’t want to bother anyone! He doesn’t need to deal with Umbridge on top of all that shit! What’s the worst she can do to me? Tell me I’m a beast, a monster? Big deal! At the end of the day, I come home to a family. I don’t have the fate of the whole effin world resting on my shoulders. So if I wanna spare Harry from having to deal with just one of the many piles of crap he has to deal with on a daily basis, then I will, and you’ll just have to deal with it!”

Both men watched me wide-eyed as I panted. Note to self: never try to say a whole rant with only one gulp of air.

Suddenly, Sirius’s face broke into a small smile. “You come home to a family?”

Leave it to Siri to pick that out. My cheeks heated a little. “..Well, yeah.. I love you guys.”

Siri ran forward and hugged me. “Awww, can we stop being mad at her now Rems? She’s just so cute! And she was just trying to help Harry.”

Remus’s lips twitched upward. “We’re not going to be able to stop you, are we?”

I smiled back. “Probably not.”

“Just tell us if she hurts you okay.”

Hmmm… Well hurt is a relative term… “Okay.”

Sirius suddenly pulled away, glare returning. “Are you wearing a guy’s robe?”

Oh boy.

“Yes Pads, I am.”

“Why?” he growled lowly.

“Because I was cold so he lent them to me.”

“And who is ‘he’ exactly?”

“Aubrey.”