Of groundings, porridge, and singing

A/N: Hey guys! This chapter is pretty much a filler chapter. But I’m about to be extremely busy, so if I waited till I had the important stuff covered, you guys would be waiting forever for an update.

Thank you all for your continued support and understanding. Those of you who take the time to review… You guys, that means so, so much to me. I just hope that I can continue to give you something worth enjoying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sirius and I stayed in the forest, desperately clutching to each other for  a long while.

“You were dead,” I sobbed into his shoulder. “We thought you were dead.”

“Shhh, pup, it’s okay. I’m here. I’m here.”

He held me, gently soothing me. Once I was calmed, he pulled me back to look at my face. “Are you ready to go back?”

I nodded. I knew he probably had a million questions about exactly how I’d managed to get him back, and I was glad he was holding off on asking them for now. As soon as everyone knew what I’d done, my life would be metaphorically over.

My legs were shaky when I stood. Overall, I felt heavily drained and exhausted. Sirius wrapped an arm around me, helping to support me as we trekked back to the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luckily, the castle halls had been empty. I guess it was another perk of waiting till nightfall to enact my plan.

“Stay here,” I told Sirius once we were safely in the living room. “I’ll go get Remus.”

He nodded. I snuck into Remus’s room quietly, going to his bedside. Even in his sleep, his face looked worn. “Remus,” I said, shaking his shoulder.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes. “Rika? Did you have a bad dream.”

I took a deep breath. “No. I didn’t. But I did something.”

“Something bad?” he asked, looking more awake.

“No. Not bad. But you’re going to punish me for it.”

“What did you do?” His brown was crinkled in worry. “Rika, why aren’t you in your sleep clothes? Did you go somewhere?”

“I used a spell.”

“What spell?”

I stayed silent, trying to sort my thoughts. I just didn’t know what to say.

“Rika,” his voice was growing even more worried. “What did you do?”

“I stole the Draught of the Fractured Dead from Snape and used it to retrieve Sirius’s soul from another dimension.”

“You…” he blinked, flabbergasted. “You what?

“He’s in our living room, now. Sirius, that is. You should go see him.”

Remus seemed more inclined to stay frozen in shock than to follow my suggestion, so I grabbed his arm, tugging him into the living room.

Sirius smiled weakly at his gaping friend. “Hey, mate. Sorry about the whole ‘you thought I was dead,’ thing.”

An awkward silence hung in the room. Sirius’s smile fell. “Erm, Remus? Are you okay?...Did I break you? Because it’s mostly Rika’s fault this time, and—“

Remus whooshed by me, propelling himself at Sirius. He pulled the other man into a tight hug, nearly knocking them both over.

“You bloody idiot! How can you not be dead!? You can’t just go off and die and then not actually be dead you inconsiderate git!!”