Hogsmead, talk, spiders

Author's note: To those of you who read my fanfic account, my stories there are officially caught up with my wattpad account.

On the way to Sirius’s Care of Mag. Creatures class, I ran into Harry. He told me happily that he and Sirius were going to spend the Hogsmead weekend together. I clapped him on the back. “Remie and I are spending it together too. Those two have been jumping at the bit for more ‘bonding time.’ I think they may be reading some cheesy parenting self-help books or something.”

“Well whatever it is, I like it.”

“Same here kid.”

When we got in sight of Sirius, I gasped. “Rune!”

The impressively large wolf nodded his head to me. I bowed my head lowly, speaking to him with my thoughts. ‘Greetings Rune.’

‘Greetings young one.’

I ran the rest of the way to him, plopping down at his side. Harry slowly approached, keeping his distance. Rune looked at him. ‘Your kin?’

I nodded. ‘Harry is one of the cubs I try to take care of.’

Rune snorted. ‘You’re still a cub yourself; barely older than him.’

‘Harry is special. He needs people to care for him and love him.’

‘He is special indeed. I sense strong magic coming from him.’ He nodded his head towards Harry.

I smiled at Harry. “Rune is a wise creature. It would be smart to show submission and respect to him.”

Harry frowned, looking unsure and bowed lowly, like he had in third year for Hagrid’s hippogriff.

‘He’s not accustomed to our ways’ Rune noted with amusement.

I giggled. ‘Not really. But he respects them non-the-less.’

Class started. Sirius proceeded to explain how Rune may look like a ‘pretty pet,’ but he was dangerously smart and strong. We shouldn’t try to approach him without respect and caution.

Boooooooooriiiiiing. I nudged Rune playfully. He huffed at me. I nudged him again. ‘Cuuuub,’ he drawled in a warning voice, but his eyes gleamed in amusement. I smirked. Nudge.

Rune lunged at me, knocking me to the ground. Struggling, I flipped him over. Soon we were engaged in a full out puppy brawl.

Sirius heard the noise behind him, turned and sighed. Leave it to Rika to engage in a minnie-war with the thing he was trying to convince his students not to touch. “The exception to everything I’m saying is, of course, Rika who has a better understanding of how to interact with wolves than anyone. And who is a reckless dunderhead that likes to both upstage and undermine her poor Uncle Pads.”

Several students gawked at his casual reference to himself as my uncle. In truth, I was caught off-guard too (which Rune took advantage of by slamming me to the ground). This was the first time Siri had referred to himself as my relation. I chose not to comment on it though, just basking in the feeling of being loved.

Eventually, Rune and I tired. He stretched out on the ground, pulling me to his side. ‘Rest cub.’

I reached out and ruffled his fur. ‘Whatever you say old timer.’

He huffed, nipping my shoulder for my cheekiness. ‘I’m still young enough to rip your neck open.’

Lovely isn’t he?

‘Tell me cub, did your bribe work? Were you able to undergo lessons?’

I told him about how my lessons had been going and how I’d accidentally destroyed Snape’s potion ingredients.