Barely a chapter, but, hey, at least I finally posted something...

Enter: Ridiculously long author’s note (of doom)!!!!

Yes, I am, in fact, alive. So, why have updates taken so long? Three reasons: 1. I have tendinitis (issues with tendons in my arms/wrists). While it’s gotten much better, I can only type/write so much per day. For those who’ve suggested I get that software that types what you speak, I can’t because a) I have a roommate who’d get annoyed with me talking to myself and b) I write well, but I talk good. It would seriously compromise the quality of my writing. I appreciate the suggestion though. 2. Not only does school keep me swamped, it takes up most of my type/writing per day quota. 3. I have, sadly, lost my passion for this story.

You guys are the only reason I have tried to continue this. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support. I don’t want to sound like an attention-whore (which I am), but if you want me to continue, I really need to know. Your comments give me a reason to write.

ps. I haven't been on wattpad in a looong time, so if anyone left me a question/message and I didn't respond, sorry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

                Today had started out as a normal day. The guys and I ate breakfast and generally lazed around. Rems and Pads argued. I was on my second after-breakfast sandwich (doing nothing is hungry work after all). Everything was totally normal.

                Now, out-of-normal occurrence number one happened: Remus and Sirius got an emergency call from the Order. So I was left pacing and worried, but overall fine.

                That is until out-of-normal occurrence number two happened: Harry’s head popped up in the fireplace, frantically asking if I’d seen Sirius, and informing me that Padfoot had been taken hostage by death eaters. Before I could properly question him (He what!!?? Oh sweet bloody hell, what the fuc—!!!), he disappeared.

                So that left me confused, alone, and practically hyperventilating, pacing like a mad-woman.

                “Rika? What are you doing?”

                I whipped around to see Remus and Sirius—Sirius!—Staring at me in confusion. That’s when everything got fuzzy. I can remember launching myself at Sirius, tears in my eyes, explaining what had happened. An impromptu Order meeting was called. Apparently the Vodemort was using Harry’s visions against him to plan a trap; one that Harry had completely fallen for.

                I remember harsh orders from both Sirius and Remus to stay at the house, orders I ignored, stubbornly following them to the Ministry. The Department of Mysteries itself was a blur. Everyone was hurt, cuts, bruises, sprained ankles, gashes, the works. Jets of all colors flew across the air as both sides attacked. At some point I found myself back-to-back with Damon, close enough for the blood dripping from his shoulder to smear across my arm, the musky scent filling my nostrils, fueling my anger.

                Greyback’s old wand reacted well to anger.

                We were doing good. I was so sure we’d all get out of this alive, when it happened……

                Sirius…..

                One minute he was there, head thrown back, laughing wildly as he taunted LeStrange, then….

                Falling, mouth spread in a perfect ‘o’…..

                Damon’s arms were suddenly around me, restraining me from leaping after my honorary uncle as he slipped between the dark folds of the billowing veil.