DA, Snape talks, Aubrey comforts

Harry had told me to invite anyone I wanted to the DA meeting tonight, and I had the perfect person in mind…

I bounced on my heels, waiting semi-patiently for Charms class to end. Finally, students begin filing out—giving me odd glances—and I caught sight of Aubrey. “Studbucket!”

“Rika.”

“Hiya.”

“You were waiting for me?”

“Yup.”

“Did you want something?”

“Duh. Why else would I have waited for you?”

He shook his head. “You want to go somewhere?”

I nodded, grabbing his arm and dragging him up to my room. I turned and faced him, smiling widely.

“…Are you going to kill me? Cause that smile is pretty creepy..”

“Nope, not today. You wanna learn some cool spells from a person who’s gone up against real dark wizards?”

“Definitely. Details please?”

I told him all about Harry’s DA. He seemed a bit skeptical but agreed to try. We hung out for a couple hours before I dragged him off to the Room of Requirement for lessons.

“Hiya Harry!”

He smiled at me in greeting. Several of the kids looked nervous. One pointed at me. “What’s she doing here.”

“Rika’s here to learn. Ya got a problem with that?” Kayla asked in an I-eat-nails-for-breakfast-and-torture-babies-for-fun voice.

The kid paled and quickly shook his head. Another kid turned their attention to Aubrey. “But what about him? He’s a Slytherin!”

“If Rika trust him, I trust him,” Harry said sternly.

Awwwww. Little Harry’s sticking up for my buddy. I’ll have to hug him later, little cutie.

We broke off into groups. Harry helped the younger kids and Damon went with the older kids who were ready for some actual dueling practice. We introduced them to our wizard versus werewolf game so while they dueled, I was a constant threat, ready to attack anyone and everyone. At first the kids underestimated my threat level, but soon I had to dodge hexes on a regular basis.

Aubrey in particular was hard on me. He never did anything dangerous, but if he spotted me out of the corner of his eye, whether I was targeting him or not, he had no qualms about stupifying me.

When all the students filed out, I flopped down on the ground. The golden trio, Damon, Kayla, Aubrey, and I were the only ones left.

“So,” said Damon, “Now that the students are gone, you guys ready for some real dueling?”

I groaned. I was going to be sore tomorrow…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remus blinked, standing in Rika’s doorway. Rika, Damon, and Kayla were all sound asleep on her bed. None of them had bothered to change clothes or even get under the sheets.

He didn’t really like Damon staying the night, but Kayla was there, so he was fairly sure nothing would happen… Besides, those kids were way too dead to the world at the moment for him to worry about it. And they did look cute… Like a trio of wolf cubs, all curled up together, sweet and innocent.

He pulled the door to and went to distract Sirius so he wouldn’t see Damon and wake the children by ranting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~