Calling old friends and first full moon

My wish was answered. Sirius would be living with us for the rest of the summer, possibly longer. Remus transfigured a second bed for his room so they could bunk together unless a better solution arose.

I offered up my room saying I’d sleep on the couch, but Sirius adamantly refused. Personally I think he was happy to room with Moony. Years alone in prison must have given him a large appetite for human companionship. Poor guy. Now I feel bad for him.

And my feeling bad for him has caused me to sporadically hug him at the breakfast table. He’s pretty unfazed by it though. He just pats my head and continues eating his bacon.

Life is pretty good. Everyday Remus goes to work, I hang out with Sirius, then I go to work, I come home and hang out with both the guys, then I sleep.

Remus tries to turn down the rent money I give him, and I find new ways to sneak it into his pockets.

But today is special.

Wizards have taken muggle technology like phone and laptops and altered them. Basically, you buy a special wizard made battery and replace your muggle battery with it.

Boom. Insta-magic.

I’d finally saved up enough to replace my cell phone battery. My phone could now change shape and size at will, but more importantly, I now had unlimited call and texting. Forever. Which meant I could finally call my old friends and tell them I wasn’t dead!

Remus and Sirius watched with amusement as I paced. Though they both tried to assure me it would be fine, I was still nervous. What was I supposed to say?

‘Hey, sorry I dropped off the face of the planet for a while. I got sold into slavery but it’s okay now cause I’m living with a couple old guys.’

“Just call already! You’re making me dizzy!”

Why thank you for your sensitivity on this delicate issue Sirius.

“He’s right you know.”

And Remus.

Sighing, I speed dialed Kayla, my BFFWLAB. Best Female Friend Whilst Living And Beyond.

Riiiiiiiiiiiingggggggggg RRRRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiingggggggg

I couldn’t do this.

RrRriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggggg

She was going to yell at me.

RRRRRrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggg

Maybe I should just hang u—

“Hello?”

Shit.

“Rika!”

“…..No..”

“Rika, I have caller ID.”

Double shit.

“Just where the Hell have you been young lady!!??”

“………”

“Damon and I have been worried sick about you!!”

“……..”

“Rika!”

“…….”

“DAMN IT RIKA, YOU ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW OR I’LL—“

Click.

Remus blinked. “…Did you just hang up on her?”

Meek nodding.