Argument

Author's note: I'm so sorry this is late guys! I know I said it'd be out by Friday, but I got really sick :(

Puck abandoned his spot by me and jumped nimbly on the staff table. “Hello good sir,” he said to Dumbledore. “You are the headmaster I presume?”

“Indeed I am. What brings you here faery?”

“I met your beast-child in the woods, watched her bounce upon spiders and triumph the river of death. A very amusing show if I do say so myself.”

Various people jumped up, running towards me: Harry, the twins, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Siri, Remmie, Aubrey, Dame, Kayla, and a few curious faces. Remus took my arm, gently running his hand over the bruises there. “Rika, what happened?”

I blinked slowly. “…Well…stuff..”

Sirius looked like if he hadn’t been so worried about me, he would have snorted. “Well duh! What kind of stuff?”

Blink.

Dumbledore chuckled and turned to Puck. “I’m assuming that based off Rika’s slow responses, you’re controlling her emotions?”

Puck nodded. “Couldn’t have her freaking out because of a silly near-death experience when I wanted to talk to her now could I?”

“NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE!!!???!!” Sirius roared, causing many younger students to flinch. Remus’s grip on my arm tightened his eyes beginning to take a scarlet tint.

“Perhaps you should relinquish your control over her?” Dumbledore suggested to Puck. Puck picked up a pastry from the table and sat down on the surface, somehow managing to wind his body around the various dishes. He snapped his fingers lazily.

Woosh.

Spiders, huge, legs, fangs, water, chocking, cold, can’t breathe, spiders, scarred youth, rocks, Aragog, red hair, running, pain.

Everything slammed back into me, spiking my adrenaline. I gasped, ripping my arm from Remus’s grasp. “HOLY SHIT!!!!! SHITSHITSHTISHITFKINGSHIT!!!!”

Any gazes that had strayed to Puck were now back on me. The first years eyes were as wide as they could possibly stretch, obviously not accustomed to hearing so much profanity in the Great Hall of all places. Remus probably would’ve reprimanded me if I wasn’t covered in bruises and practically hyperventilating. He grabbed my shoulders. “Rika, calm. Down. Now what happened?”

“Spiders! Aragog! Harry!” I spun out of his grasp, grabbing Harry and Ron by their shirt collars with trembling hands. Both of their faces had gone white.

“D-Did you say Ar-Aragog?” Ron whimpered.

I nodded, eyes narrowed. “You two will talk to me later. But how…”

Harry understood my half asked question of how they had escaped. “Flying car. You?”

“Jumped into a river.” I released the boys and took several deep breaths. The adrenaline was wearing off and coherent thought was returning.

“Riiiikkaaa,”a deadly voice growled behind me.

Gulping, I slowly turned to face one very angry looking werewolf. His eyes were near complete scarlet. “If you don’t tell me what happened to you right now—

I cut him off, really not wanting to talk about it in the middle of dinner. “Oh look at the time! Gotta go! You know, freshen up and what not? Won’t do to be seen looking like…Well I don’t know how I look, but considering the stares I’m getting, it must be pretty bad. Tally ho!” Before he could react, I sprinted out of the Hall. Ow. Not a good idea when you’ve got sore muscles.