Down time

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so I don’t know why, but for some odd reason, I could have sworn the twins were only 6th years during OTP. I’m pretty sure in an earlier chapter, I said Kayla and Damon were in the twins’ grade, but they are not. They are both 6th years while the twins are 7th. I apologize for the inconsistency.                              

I smirked from my place in the trees, watching my prey. The red-headed dragon tamer was moving slowly, looking all around him. “I know you’re out here Rika,” he called out warily. “Now stop messing around, Mum wants you in for lunch.”

                I fished a small rock out of my pocket and tossed it into a bush towards his left. An evil smile stretched across his lips as he began stalking quietly towards the bush. I waited till he was almost there, then launched myself out of the tree, landing on his back. He went down hard but wasted no time in flipping over and trying to pin me.

                Ever since I’d fully recovered, Charlie and I had been engaging in spontaneous wrestling matches. It was interesting to see how the moon cycle effected who won; the moon was almost at its farthest point from Earth, so it didn’t take Charlie very long to cream me. He stood, tossing me over his shoulders, and carried me in. “I got the beast!”

                “Very nice dear,” Mrs. Weasley said, “but no playing at the table.”

                Charlie dropped me in a chair by Sirius, ignoring the animagus’s glare (Sirius didn’t like any male close to me, even if it was simple play-fighting).

                “I take it Charlie won?” Remus asked with a chuckle.

                I responded by maturely by sticking my tongue out at him.

                The last few weeks at Grimmuald place I’d managed to find some means of peace. Sirius had given me a new phone—with a built in mp3 player—so I was able to speak with my friends, and lavish in my music, and I’d told Dumbledore my suspicions that Voldemort may have succeeded in creating a werewolf animagus. Since there was really nothing I could do about that, I decided to try to  relax and enjoy myself for a while.

                “Is Bill coming?” Charlie asked.

                Mrs. Weasley shook her head sadly. “No, he put an extension on his leave time. Apparently the goblins are being more stubborn than we had hoped.”

                Bill was trying to recruit the goblins to our side; Charlie would soon be returning to Romania to recruit there.

                “Wotcher,” Tonks called out, walking into the kitchen. “Kinsley won’t be in today.”

                “Neither will the professors,” Remus said with a shake of his head. “It’s going to be a pretty pathetic Order meeting.”

                I shrugged. “An ex-convict, a house wife, two werewolves, a dragon tamer, and a Ministry grunt. Could be worse.”

                “One werewolf,” Remus corrected. “You young lady will not be attending the meeting.”

                Darn, I was hoping he wouldn’t catch that. “I stand corrected then: your meeting is doomed to suck.”

                “Lovely little thing, isn’t she?” Sirius asked Tonks, shaking his head.

                Remus nodded, taking a long sip of tea. “I swear she’s already aged me another ten years.”

                “Oh shut-it you two,” I said. “You know I bring joy and light into your dreary lives.” I picked up my plate. “Now I am going to have a brilliant little picnic outside with the sunshine and happy little birds, whilst you lot discuss boring, stale things.”