Back with Rika

A/N: This chapter has several references to things that have happened in past chapters. Here are a few things you need to remember:

The Draught of the Fractured Dead. Puck made Rika find a flower that is the main ingredient to this draught. She gave it to Snape and hasn’t seen it sense.

Puck made the plan to have Rika run away from the Forbidden Forest when Umbridge was after her.

The last chapter with Rika, she became a werewolf when it wasn’t the full moon.

Any other questions or confusion, just shoot me a pm and I’ll try to explain the best I can

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magic is a funny thing. It does not have a linear flow. It is so much more than a simple incantation and flick of a wand; magic spirals off every surface. It rises like heat from the earth, and falls like cooling drops of rain, coming from every direction, influencing and being influenced by innumerable factors. Magic flows very much like a story. No matter how many words an author puts on a page, they cannot completely encompass the story’s world. Not every feeling of every character can be portrayed. Dialogue happens off the page, in the secret parts of an elaborately-constructed mental-universe that far surpasses the magnitude of the written work, while still enacting influence over it.

This story will break the linear tradition—because, to understand how Sirius came to be returned to his own dimension, it is necessary to go back, and trace the magic that allowed for his return. Magic that was set in motion the very night of Sirius’s disappearance. So, we go back, to the aftermath of Rika’s transformation into a werewolf without the full moon’s light.

Let the magic begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The light was too bright. That was the first and only thing I could register at the moment. I winced in the light of the sun, as if prolonged exposure to it would make it more tolerable—the throb in my head proved this theory to be false.

‘Child’ I heard a familiar voice say. I turned my head, seeing Rune.

“Rune? What?”

Why was Rune here? Blinking, I craned my neck, taking in my surroundings. I was in the forest. Rune’s pack surrounded me but at a distance. All eyes were on me. I was nude. My skin was caked in mud and frighteningly red streaks that smelt of iron—animal’s blood.

My muscles screamed as I sat up, staring down at myself in shock. What had happened? Everything in my memory seemed fuzzy… I remembered going to the Department of Mysteries…and Sirius..

The memories hit me all at once, more powerful than any punch. A strangled cry left my mouth as I curled in on myself, feeling nauseous.

Sirius. Sirius was gone. He was gone and I…and I…I was in the forest. I was running. I was in pain…and then I…?

Something had gone horribly, horribly wrong, but I had only the vaguest understanding of what it could be. Bile rose in my throat. I didn’t think I could possibly stomach the thought of anything worse happening, but I had to know.

“Rune,” I whispered, never uncurling, “what did I do?”

‘You became a wolf.’

“No.” I shook my head. “No. It wasn’t a full moon. I didn’t…I couldn’t…

‘I am sorry, cub. But you did. I sensed your presence. My fighters and I followed you. You were not hostile towards us, but you were not in your human mind. You behaved as a normal werewolf under the moon’s influence.’