Beast ;)

Hiya! This is something that I wrote out of boredom. If it amuses you then yay, if not,oh well. Just a warning, my first chapters are usually my weakest. I'm terrible at setting up everything. Plus I wanted to get to the important stuff, so it's rushed and icky. Despite the gloomy intro, this story is actually a comedy lol.

~10 years ago~

                At the tender age of six I was sure of two things:

1.       Life sucked. It was full of nothing but pain.

2.       It didn’t really matter how bad life was because I wouldn’t be around to suffer through it much longer.

                My name was Julie. Or Sarah. Or whatever I felt like mentally calling myself that day. My father had never bothered to name me.  If I had a mother I’d yet to be acquainted with her.

                My father is Greyback, the leader of our pack. My hesitancy towards bloodshed frequently disappoints him and leaves me as I am now—beaten, battered, and broken.

                At times like this, I sit under my favorite tree and contemplate life. How much it sucks and how much longer I shall be forced to endure it. As I get closer I notice someone is already under the tree. A man with shaggy dirty blond hair and sad amber eyes. He’s new to our pack, not yet trusted.

                But I really don’t give a damn. So I plop down next to him. He seems surprised but offers a tentative smile. I frown in return. Smiles are not to be trusted.

                “Hi” he said softly, “I’m Remus. Remus Lupin.”

                Remus…I like that name.

                “What’s your name?” he prompts.

                “…….Remusina.”

                He blinks then chuckles. His laugh is rusty like he hasn’t used it for a while, but’s it’s laced with a warmth that surprises me. I scoot closer to him; while my instincts warn me to always be cautious and on guard, I rarely listen to them. The rest of the day was spent in a comfortable silence.

                Remus spent a lot of time at my tree. By the end of the week, we were on a talking basis.

                “Remus?”

                “Yes Nami?”

                I shook my head. “It’s Chole today. Why did you join the pack?”

                He frowned. “…It’s..complicated..”

                “Surely where you came from is better than this? I mean…If this is as good as it gets what’s the point of living?”

                He closed his eyes for a long time. “…There is a better way to live than this. A much better way…You can always find happiness if you look hard enough..That’s the point of living through the bad; so you can find the good. And after the journey the good will be even sweeter.”

                Finding the good aye?.... But how to look for it…?

                Remus smiled sadly at the child next to him. Unlike him she wasn’t made a werewolf—she was born one. Her very existence was a crime. There would be no happy ending for her regardless of if she stayed with the pack or searched for better things, but he couldn’t tell her that. False hope may be deadly but surely at such a young age it was better than no hope at all…..