Bad parents, incurring the wrath of Snape, Remus flips out

When I woke up, I became instantly aware of three things: I was sitting up, I was sandwiched in between Remi and Siri (head on Siri’s shoulder), and the two were having chocolate-chunk pancakes for breakfast (Remus’s favorite). For a few minutes, I sat in sleepy peace before yesterday flashed before my eyes. Despite Aubrey’s attempt to comfort me, guilt instantly flooded my senses. I groaned, alerting my fellow couch-mates to my consciousness.

Sticky pancake-bits were shoved against my lips. I obligingly opened my mouth, chewing and swallowing before I opened my eyes. Siri must have done it—Remi would never part with his precious chocolate-chunk pancakes (his were extra-chocolaty. They had so much chocolate that the entire pancake surface was dark brown).

I licked the sticky off of my lips. “Morning guys.”

Sirius hugged me tightly. “Morning Rika. How areyou? Good? Did you sleep well? Hungry?”

……Eh? Despite my guilt, I’d decided to go about my day normally as possible..but Sirius was making that very hard with his weirdness.

I opened my mouth to answer.

“More pancake?” More sticky substance was shoved into my open mouth.

Chew. Chew. Swallow. “Pads, what’s wr—“

He shoved more pancake in my mouth.-_-

I stared at him, not even bothering to chew/swallow. He smiled at me innocently and after a few minutes of slightly creepy staring tried to shove more food in my mouth. I pushed him away, finally swallowing. “Geeze, if you’re going to force-feed—“

More pancake. Swallow. “Me, at least let me—“

More. Swallow. “Finish what’s already—“

More. “OH COME ON!!”

“Rika, it’s not very polite to talk with your mouth full. …Do you not like the pancake? Is it not good enough?”

“Pads, it’s—“

“Do you want some of mine?” Remus asked.

I froze, gasping and slowly turning to face him. He smiled, holding a forkful of overly-chocolate pancake towards me.

….Remus never shared his chocolate pancakes. He just didn’t. It was just one of those unspoken rules of life like ‘you must breathe so you won’t fall over dead’ or ‘if you slit your arm open red stuff comes out.’

“R-Remus..I..” Remus was sharing his treasure with me. Me. The horrible child who forsook his happiness for her own. I stood up, brushing past them, “I-I’ve gotta go!” and running to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Author’s note: I know Rika’s being overdramatic, but she’s emotionally stressed. Guilt makes ppl do crazy things. …Plus, it’s funny ;))

Remus and Sirius stared after her, eyes wide.

“…Remi..Did we do something wrong?”

“..Maybe cramming food down her throat isn’t the best way to show her we care Pads…”

“But I love food! If I woke up to someone shoving food down my throat, I’d love them forever!”

“Even if it was Snape?”

Sirius shuddered a little. “Well no…. But if he gave me food I might dislike him less… Maybe she’s counting calories? Girls do that, right?”

“Doesn’t need to: Werewolf metabolism.”

“Damn. I bet over half the female population would kill for that.”