Confiscated

It was hours after the concert. Everyone had finally wandered back to their respective dorms, and Rika was passed out in her room. Remus sat down hard on the couch, rubbing his tiered eyes. “She likes him doesn’t she?”

Sirius sighed, already knowing who the ‘he’ in question was. Aubrey. “I don’t know Moons..maybe it was just the song?”

“We both know it wasn’t the song.”

Sirius did not like Aubrey. He did not like that punk one little bit. Who cares if he was smart, generally well-behaved, stood up for his beliefs, wasn’t a pureblood fanatic, and occasionally told decent jokes? The prat was after his honorary niece and nothing could justify that. But Remus didn’t need to hear about how deplorable Aubrey was at the moment. “The kid’s not so bad..”

“I know.”

“….So..um..You’re not going to let her date, are you?” he cringed, really hoping the answer was ‘no.’

Remus sighed. “I don’t have to worry about that. She’s already said she’s not going to date anybody.”

And army of cheerleaders went off in Sirius’s head. “Brilliant!! But wait…then why are you all mopey?”

“I want her to be happy Pads. I mean I don’t want her to date a guy, but if she wants to and can’t….”

“She’ll be unhappy,” Sirius finished quietly.

The two men sat up for a while, pondering what was worse: there precious girl dating a guy, or their precious girl never being able to date a guy.

Oh the dilemmas of parent/uncle-hood.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

“Hey Hermione?” Harry asked the day after the concert.

“Yes?”

“Well…you’re a girl right?” He blushed at Hermione’s incredulous look. “Err, sorry that didn’t come out right…”

“You want a girl’s point of view?”

He nodded. “Um, do you think that..maybe Rika likes Aubrey?”

Hermione tapped her quill to her chin. “Hmmm….Maybe. it definitely looked like it when they were onstage together. Would it bother you if they liked each other?”

Harry shrugged. “I guess not..I mean Aubrey’s a nice guys..but..it’s Rika.”

Hermione smiled, thinking Harry’s sibling-esque relationship with Rika was sweet. “Don’t worry Harry. If they ever wanted to date, the poor bloke would have to face down Professor Lupin and Professor Black first.”

Harry nodded, feeling marginally more cheerful.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Watching yourself dance around half naked on TV isn’t as fun as it sounds. Moons, Pads, Kay, and Dames were all pilled around the couch with popcorn and butterbeer watching my performance.

I groaned, burying my face in my kneecaps. “I’m naked!”

Kayla shook her head. “You are not naked. A little promiscuous maybe, but not naked.”

I sighed, wincing as I looked at the screen again. “I’m sure no one was paying attention to my cleavage…”

“Most people were probably distracted by your hips. Your scar really draws attention to the pelvic region.”