Sleeping beauty needs no Prince

Leaning on the railing, I stared up at the slightly overcast sky.  Nearby, Toph and Katara quietly talked about Aang and how they hoped he would wake up soon.

Mogui was probably brooding in his room. I hadn't seen much of that kid since I woke up. It can't be healthy... He didn't even come out for a sparring match yesterday.

If there are two things, Mog NEVER misses. It's food and a chance to fight. I ended up having to settle with sparring against this kid in Hakoda's crew. Speaking of Hakoda - he, Bato, and Sokka talked tactics while Momo got a scratch under the chin. The Fire Nation uniforms they were wearing looked really smart... but didn't really suit the Water Tribe men as well as it had their previous owners.

Suddenly, a boy burst from below deck, tripping over the last stair and coming down hard. And you wouldn't believe the first word out of his mouth...

"Momo?" the kid in bandages asked.

"Twinkle-Toes," Toph couldn't have sounded happier. "That's gotta be you!"

"Aang!" Katara cried. "You're awake!"

She ran up to the boy.

"Are you sure?" he rubbed his eyes. "I feel like I'm dreaming."

"The Munchkin is alive!" I threw on a grin and sauntered over to where the girls were drowning him in hugs. And Sokka, too... he gave our previously expired Avatar a cuddle before taking off his helmet.

"Uh-oh," Toph called. "Somebody catch him; he's gonna..."

Then the poor wee boy fainted again.

"Fall?" I finished her sentence.

Well, while our Avatar was out of it again, I wandered back to the side of the ship. The ocean seems a little rough tonight. It's strange how something so usually peaceful can suddenly become so destructive... Someone should tell Mogui that Aang is awake...

A/N: Good morning, my lovelies and a very happy New Year! In the beginning, was water, and we are ending in ablaze. Amaya and I hope you enjoy this book as much as we enjoy writing it. A sweet shout out to Amaya's sister for the cover art and Amaya for colouring, digitizing and editing it. Thank you all for being so patient in waiting for us. You're all awesome.