That Means You're Special

Chapter 40:

Arabella's POV:

As soon as we hear police sirens we leave. Sam carries me, but I don't care. I don't feel like walking anyway...

We get to the hotel room and the boys are watching more Spongebob. Sam sets me on the couch when Cameron asks, "What happened? Why so sad?" Sam answers for me, "Oh we had some trouble... That's all..." Then he motions to me and shakes his head, as if saying not to talk about it.

I walk to mine and Sam's room and pull out my phone. I decide to stalk Sam's ask.fm. Why not?

Sam gets in the bed with me as I scroll through his profile. He puts his arm around my back, and I lean onto him. Most of the questions say something about Chandler, which is really annoying. Not that I hate Chandler, he's amazing. But this is Sam's profile, not Chandler's, so if you want to talk about Chandler go to his account.

Then I get to before Sam and I even met. Most of the questions are "Would you date a 14 year old?" or "You're cute" or "Will you go out with me?" Most of his answers are "no" and "I don't date."

Sam's arm tightens as he says, "I said I wouldn't date, until I met you. That means you're special." I smile.

I put my phone down and look into space. It's 3:41, meaning I have less than 3 1/2 hours until I go back to Alabama.

Matthew comes in the room a few minutes later. "So uh... What happened? Should I even ask?"

Sam says, "Fine we can talk." He said it aggressively, but I can tell he's just mad at Tyler.

Matthew nods and walks out. He comes back in a second later. I've never seen anything funnier in my life.

He came in wearing a football helmet, and said, "Ok let's talk."

Sam begins. "So this kid tried doing stuff and thangs to her... If you get my drift... But he didn't and she's alright, but still..." Matthew nods and seems to understand. He says, "Stay strong!"

"Do you want to go watch tv with me and the boys?" He asks. Sam and I stand up.

I nod. "Sure! Let's go see who lives in a pineapple under the sea!"

Sam screams, "SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!! Actually the pants are rectangular so the creators lied to us. How rude."

"Maybe nightbot made them lie to us!" I say dramatically.

"Not nightbot!!!!" Sam screams and pretends to faint on the bed, pulling me down with him. We lay on the bed and look at the ceiling. "#blamenightbot." We say at the same time. We know each other so well.

Matthew walks away awkwardly. "We haven't done this in a while."

He kisses me and I kiss back. He's right. We haven't done this in a while.

Then we just lay side-by-side looking at the ceiling holding hands. It's 4:00. I have two hours.

All I want to do is sleep. Sleep makes things better.

I rest my eyes and drift off.

• • •

"Arabella? Wake up?" I open my eyes and Sam wakes me up.

I yawn. "What time is it?" I stretch.

"Arabella. It's 6:23."