I Don't Know Why I Even Try Anymore

Chapter 69 (😏😏😏😏😏):

Arabella's POV:

Chandler answers the door before I get there.

It's Madison. I remember her.

Heck, she made fun of Sam's mouth.

"Can I come in?" she asks. Before anyone answers, she bustles on in.

"Nice house. Oh, hey Chandler," she says without looking at him. He nods towards her and looks at me. I shrug.

Madison says dramatically, "Chandler, help! I'm drowning... in my love for you!" she falls into his arms, "And it looks like I'm in need of mouth to mouth..."

He looks at her like she's crazy. He looks at me, then at her again. Eventually she stands back up.

"So you know Sam?" she asks, with a pesky look on her face.

I look at Chandler. In that moment, Sam runs in.

Chandler's POV:

By the look on- uh... what's her name... No, don't tell me... oh yeah! Madison! By the look on Madison's face, I can tell she caught Sam making another mistake. The way he ran in and all.

"Madison, uh, let's go... upstairs... and you can privately talk to me, and say what you want about Sam..." Arabella looks confused, but she'll thank me one day. Just kidding, she won't. But only if she doesn't find out about whatever Sam did. He doesn't realize how much he needs me.

Madison looks so excited.

I glare at Sam when I pass him.

Arabella's POV:

Chandler and Madison walk upstairs. "I wonder what that was about..." I say.

"I'm sorry, Arabella."

"For what?" I ask. I look at him.

"For being an ass, today at the park. I completely ignored you and I'm truly sorry."

I pause. "It's okay."

"I won't ever do that again. I promise. There's one lady that comes first. That's my mom. Then there's you."

I laugh. His sense of humor will forever be my favorite.

Chandler's POV:

"Sam and Caroline kissed!?" I pretend to act surprised. I knew I had it coming.

Madison nods. I roll my eyes. "So you're gonna tell Arabella now?" I ask.

"Yes," she says, "It's always been my dream to be the cause of the end or beginning of a relationship for a famous person because it makes me feel important."

"Arabella's not famous."

"Tell that to her 100K on Instagram."

"Don't tell Arabella," I say. It's not like Arabella would believe Madison, but you never know.

"Why not? What's in it for me?"

"Do you want me to be upset?" I ask sadly.

"Of course not, Baby," she places a hand on my shoulder. I brush it off and say, "Well if they break up, then I'd be sad."

"Then you can have her."

I look at her for a moment. "No, that's wrong."

"You hesitated."

"Please, just don't tell her."

"Okay."

I honestly don't know why I even try anymore. Sam needs to get control of himself. And his lips.