That's Exactly What I Love About You

Chapter 55:

Arabella's POV:

Tuesday.

Ugh.

All my friends are at school.

Why do we even need school?

Music: we have YouTube for that

Sports: there's a Wii

Spanish: there's Dora

English: everything's shortened anyway. (Lol, brb, idk)

Math: there are calculators

Geography: I'll buy a globe

History: they're all dead anyway.

The struggle is unreal.

Ughhh why can't my friends get back from school ready?!?

Chandler's POV:

I get a text from Stephanie. Even though we are dating, I've been feeling a little friendzoned by her recently.

The text says:

Stephanie: hey Chandler... Can I talk to you?

Chandler: uh yeah sure

Stephanie: so I just arrived back home from Georgia

Chandler: oh...

Stephanie: and I saw my ex, nick

Chandler: ...

Stephanie: and I remembered now badly he treated me

Chandler: don't worry, I'll always be here for you <3

Stephanie: I'm breaking up with you, because I don't want you to end up like Nick. I'm sorry but it has to be done. Don't text back, please, because my phone bill is already high

What.

It hurts knowing you give someone your all, you do all you possibly could for them, then they leave like it's nothing. They make it seem so easy because they don't care about it. While you still can't stop thinking about them. They're the first thing you think of when you wake up, and the last thing before you go to sleep. It hurts to cry your heart out, and knowing they don't care. Missing them so much that it hurts knowing they won't miss you back. That's what hurts.

Alexis's POV:

I decide to tell Ty my true feelings for him.

I meet him after school at the park.

Before I can say anything, he says, "Alexis... I like you. Like, I really like you. Like, I'm head over heels, you're on my mind way too much, I'm singing stupid love songs really like you."

I don't know what to say. Of all people, he falls in love with me?

I say, "If you are going to fall in love with me, it's only fair you know why you're falling in love with.

You are falling in love with my insecurities, and my obsession to try and figure out what everyone thinks of me. You are falling in love with my immaturity, my constant need to feel loved and appreciated, my overacted tear ducts, my internet obsession, my tendency to be too clingy. You fall in love with my troubled past, and my hopes and dreams, and how I'm a hopeless romantic at heart. If you fall in love with me, you fall in love with my self-hate and all my imperfections and my perception that no one could ever love me.

But, you are also falling in love with the way my eyes will smile when I'm with you, the way I'll text you in the mornings just telling you I hope you have a great day. You're falling in love with the occasionally humorous and/or thought-provoking things I say, and the way I blush when people ask me about you. But to me, the most important thing will be that you are falling in love with me, despite my thinking that it is impossible."

Ty hugs me.

"And that's exactly what I love about you."