I Promise

Chapter 56:

Arabella's POV:

"Chandler I'm coming over there right now."

"What- why-"

But I'm already out the door.

I run down several streets and finally arrive at Chandler's house. I walk in and find Chandler in the kitchen.

"Why... What's wrong? What happened? Why are you here?" He asks.

"Did Stephanie, for any reason, tell you the name of her ex she blamed your breakup on?"

"How could I forget? His name was Nick."

I shudder and bite my lower lip.

"Check her Instagram."

"I can't... She blocked me and I didn't even realize it."

"I'll show you..." This will be hard to do. I really don't want to do this.

I open her Instagram and hand chandler the phone.

I walk into the other room, because honestly I really don't want to see him when he finds out what happened.

After about a minute I walk back into his kitchen. He's sitting in a chair at the table. I see my phone, locked, on the table, and his eyes, locked, staring at the phone.

He looks up at me and shrugs as if saying "What now?"

He looks back at my phone.

I know he doesn't know what to do.

I wouldn't either.

My lower lip quivers and I pull out a chair and sit next to him.

I don't want to say anything, because if I say the wrong thing, that wouldn't end very well, but if I don't say anything, he'll think I don't care.

I give him a hug. "It'll be alright. I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

"It'll be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. I promise." I emphasize on my last two words.

A tear silently runs down his face, his eyes fixated on the phone.

"Do you wonder why I called you first, and not Sam or Gray about it?"

"No... Why...?"

He shakes his head and looks me in the eye. "Because I think I'm still in love with you."