A Brewing Storm

Chandler's POV:

Arabella and I sit on the curb while Sam and Caroline pace back and forth talking.

I check my phone. "Movie started 30 minutes ago," I put my phone back in my hoodie pocket. Arabella sighs. She looks bored.

"If I would've known, I wouldn't have suggested the movies. So much for Night At The Museum," I say. I look over at Arabella. "Are you cold?" I ask. She has tiny goosebumps on her face. "Just a little."

I take off my hoodie and give it to her but she won't take it. "I insist," I say as I give it back to her. She smiles and puts it over her head. "It's so big on you," I say. She giggles. The hoodie is light blue with black letters that say ETOWAH.

Several minutes pass. "Do you want to just go?"

"We can't leave Sam."

"He practically already left us."

She sighs and nods in agreement.

"Hey, Sam, it's uh 2:13 we can catch the 2:30 movie if you'd like?" I ask.

"Uh... Caroline you wanna see a movie?"

"Sure. What movie?"

I reply, "Night at the Museum." She kind of scoffs under her breath. "No thanks," she sighs. Sam nods. "Chandler, you and Arabella can see a movie."

I look over at Arabella. She fake-smiles at Caroline. "Oh... Ok... Thanks, Sam," Arabella says and turns around, "Have fun." She emphasizes on the word "fun." Sam looks at her. "Arabella, Chandler, we can hang out some other time. Sorry."

I hear Arabella whisper under her breath, "Of course you're sorry." But I don't think Sam heard.

"Sam, we're just gonna go home. Well, your house, if that's alright," Arabella says.

"Yeah sure. Let's all go."

So we all walk back to his house. Sam... He doesn't know what storm he's brewing.

Sam and Caroline talk the entire. way. there.

And even after we were in the house. All they did was talk. Even when they were dating, it was the same thing. I'm surprised they haven't run out of things to talk about.

Arabella and I sit on the couch while Sam and Caroline drink coffee in the kitchen. Arabella sighs again. I pat my arm on her shoulder. I check my phone again. 3:00. "We can go to my house?" I suggest. She shrugs. "Sam wouldn't be too happy if his girlfriend went to his best friend's house without him," she looks at the floor. I nod. Honestly, the way he's acting, I could kiss Arabella right here, right now, and he probably wouldn't even care, let alone notice. But still, I wouldn't ever do that.

She lies down on the other side of the couch. "Well... I've never double-third-wheeled before," she says and looks at the ceiling. I sigh. "That's not a good thing."

She stands up and goes to the kitchen.

Arabella's POV:

I walk into the kitchen. "Sam?"

"What."

"Are you just gonna talk to Caroline all day?"

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"It's okay." I pretend to get a call on my phone--it was a timer I set so I could go to the hotel-- and say I have to go.

I hug Sam goodbye. I wasn't surprised when he was still talking to Caroline while doing so. I get on the tips of my toes and kiss him on the cheek.

"Bye, Sam." I say before I walk out. "K bye," he replies.

I walk back to the hotel. It's 3:30 PM once I get there. I'm tired. I only got a couple hours of sleep last night. I still have Chandler's jacket. It smells nice.

I put on sweatpants but leave Chandler's hoodie on because it's comfortable and warm. I climb in bed and quickly fall asleep.

I woke up the next morning at around 8:00. I slept well. It's funny, because I sleep so much better in anywhere except my own bed.

Later on, Sam, Chandler, and I decided to hang out.

"Oh, I invited Caroline, if that's okay with you two."

"Perfect. Great." I honestly don't think it's perfect or great, but I don't make the rules here.

We meet Caroline at Walmart and decide to hang out there. I mean, who doesn't like running around Walmart?

Caroline is three inches shorter today because she's not wearing heels.

"Do you want your jacket back?" I ask Chandler. "Nah, you can keep it. I've got two."

When we were going to leave, some guy runs in the store and starts screaming random stuff. All I heard was "money" and "kill."

Then he pulls out a gun and a lot of people yell and run. He doesn't shoot anyone but he acts like he's gonna.

"Shit!" I hear Sam say. I actually expected him to grab me and run, but it's Caroline who he grabs.

He places his hand across her waist as they hide under a counter, still holding Caroline at her waist.

All this happened in like two seconds so I just stand there, shocked from what just happened, with the man with the gun to the running people, to... My mind is racing a million miles an hour.

Chandler says, "Come on, we gotta go!" The man points his gun at me, and in that moment, Chandler grabs me and runs.

We hide behind a cash register and Chandler had his arm tight around my waist, but all I could think about was this man. I was terrified. I clutch Chandler's forearm and squeeze my eyes shut. I don't want to hear anyone get shot, let alone get killed myself. I hear cops run in. Eventually they arrest him and take him away. A lot of people in the store start clapping. He didn't shoot anyone, thankfully. Chandler releases his grip on me and I run to Sam. I hug him, and he asks, "You all right?" Despite how obvious my answer would be, I nod and smile.

"Well that was scary," Chandler says.

We run out, and we see like six News vans rolling in the parking lot.

"I'm already tired again," I say. I just want to go home. I'm starting not to look forward to moving to Atlanta.