The Escape

Chapter 7:

Arabella's POV:

I run into my house and into Noah's room. "Noah come on!" He looks at me strange. "I don't wanna!" I shake my head. "Noah come on!" Sam and Chandler walk in.

"It's ok, little boy!"

"I'm not a little boy!"

"Well I don't know what to call you!"

"I'm Noah!"

"Ok Noah I'm Sam. Do what your sister tells you to do!"

"You're not the boss of me, Samantha!" I can't help but laugh.

Then I get serious again. "Noah we won't hurt you. But we have to get away from... From Dad." He whimpers but eventually comes. Right before we go, right there in the living room, is my dad.

"Where do you twerps think you're going?!"

"Uh... Hi Dad! We were just uh about to... RUN!!" Then Sam picks me up and Chandler picks Noah up and runs to Sam's house. My dad chases after us. Sam is in track, so he runs faster. We all make it to Sam's house.

"Lock it!" Noah screams. I lock it and my dad bangs his fist on the door. "OPEN THIS DOOR!!" Noah gets scared and starts crying.

"It's okay Noah. We're safe in Sam's house, Daddy can't get us. Sam, Chandler, and I won't let anything happen to you. Now tell me something: did Daddy hurt you while I was gone?" He cries pulling up his shirt. There, on his hip is a big green bruise. I check if anything's broken, and luckily, everything's ok. He sits on the couch and stops crying. "YOU BETTER OPEN THIS DOOR!!" Dad screams. Noah whimpers.

"Sam when should your parents get home?"

"Not until 7:00 PM, why?"

"Good we have time. It's only 12:30. We'll be fine."

"Fine for what?"

"My dad will probably be gone by then." Or at least I hope.

My dad keeps beating up the door. "Arabella I'm scared!" Noah says. "It's okay. Here let's go upstairs. He can't get us from up there." Chandler says.

Noah runs up the stairs and locks himself in the bathroom. "Now he can't get me!! Ha-ha!!" He screams. I run downstairs and my dad is still screaming. I can't live with him anymore. Not after this. I'd never hear the end of it. Sam walks up to me. "You and Noah can stay the night if you'd like." I nod and Chandler comes back up to me and hugs me. Eventually my dad leaves. Probably to get a drink.

A couple hours later Noah comes downstairs. "Is he gone?" I nod and he comes and sits on the couch next to me. We watch Frozen, then Sam's parents come home. I decide to meet them.

"Hello! My name is Arabella and this is my brother Noah!" I smile like how I do in a cheer competition. They smile back and go to their room.

Then Noah asks Sam, "Can you do a livestream?"