Forgive, but Never Forget

Chapter 12:

Sam's POV:

Well we were playing tag when Arabella's phone started ringing. I go to the other side of the park to give her some privacy. Then I see she's crying. Concerned, I run to her. She hangs up the phone and I ask. "What's wrong?" She looks in my eyes. "I'm moving to Alabama..." I stare at her wide-eyed. "ALABAMA?!?" I scream a little too loud. She nods.

Then Chandler walks up.

"Sam what'd you do to her??"

"Nothing! I swear!"

"Sure. Whatever. I bet if you weren't here she wouldn't be-"

"SHES MOVING TO ALABAMA CHANDLER!! AND EXCUUUUSE ME IF I'M JUST TRYING TO TALK TO HER BEFORE SHE LEAVES!!" I storm off.

Chandler's POV:

Oh.

That explains a lot. She shakes her head at me in disappointment and follows Sam. Great. Perfect, Chandler. See what you do?

We head to Arabella's house so she can start packing. It's only like noon, so by the time her aunt gets home at 6:00, Arabella is halfway done packing.

"Arabella I'm sorry-"

"Chandler it's fine. I get it."

"No it's not. If I wasn't such a stupid retard-"

"Chandler it's ok. It happens. We were both under a lot of stress. I know the feeling. I would've done the same thing."

"What? Yell at your best friend for no reason?"

"Kind of. I would've gotten mad if I saw someone next to one of my best friends when that friend is crying."

Arabella's POV:

I hope Chandler knows I'm not mad at him. I forgive, but never forget. I decide to take a break and head downstairs. Aunt Amy starts going on about how I'll love Alabama and blah blah blah. "Arabella you're going to love the boys! Jacob turned 6 and Joseph turned 8!" I nod and say, "Cool..."

I don't want to leave. "Arabella we leave for Tuscaloosa tomorrow at 6:00 PM. Its only a three-hour drive."

Only?! That means three hours away from Sam and Chandler!

Sam's POV:

I have until 6:00 tomorrow!

That means 24 hours with Arabella.

That means 24 hours to ask her out.

And I can tell by the look on Chandler's face that he is thinking the same thing.

Chandler's POV:

I have to ask Arabella out before Sam does! I only have a day!

I hope I don't chicken out. I've been just a baby recently. I've been getting so scared to ask her out, it's not even funny!

And still, I wonder why I'm single...

I should ask right now, but her aunt is here. That's awkward...

Arabella's POV:

I really don't want to leave Atlanta. It's fine here. Why can't they find someone else who lives closer? Oh, the heck with it.

I pack until about midnight. The moving van comes tomorrow morning to carry all mine and Noah's furniture. Sam and Chandler decided to not go to school tomorrow. I decide to go to sleep. I need some rest for tomorrow. I sleep on one couch, Sam sleeps on the other, and Chandler sleeps on the recliner.

I wake up at 8:00 AM. Sam and Chandler are up, surprisingly.

Today's the big day. The day of my misery. AND it's on a Monday. Coincidence? I think not!

Some guys are bringing my bed into their van. Well this is it. I sigh. Something tells me this move won't be so great...