The Party

Chapter 22:

Arabella's POV

"You must be Arabella!"

"Yes ma'am!" I flash a smile. She smiles back. Then my aunt comes and she and Lexie's mom talk.

Lexie says, "At first my mom didn't want to bring me because there are bad people on the internet but we have all been on Oovoo together so we've seen each other's faces!" I smile. "Yes that was fun! I'm so excited!" Then Lexie turns to Eli and we all start talking. Then Lexie's mom comes to us and says, "Lexie I'm staying at the hotel a couple miles down. Be good and I'll see you tomorrow! I'm tired." After she leaves Lexie, Eli, and I just talk about the party.

Then Stephanie calls, asks for my address, and I give it to her. It's about 10:00 when she finally comes. Yay! Her mom stays at a hotel too. I text everyone the address so I won't have to keep saying it.

In the morning we all eat and just hang out. We walk around the house and go on walks with Katelyn and Tyler. Then we see a car roll by, and it's Carrie. She hangs out with us. At noon we all eat PopTarts and orange juice, because we've seen Sam and Rick eat that on the stream. Night falls, then Thursday. Then Thursday night. Everyone else showed up except Leigh. Where could she be? The party is tomorrow night.

We all sleep and when I wake up, no text from Leigh. I hope she comes. The party is today. Not tomorrow, not next week, today. Tonight. Noon comes. I have a feeling Leigh isn't going to show up...

The party starts at six and it's already 2:44. The party is in Georgia and that means it's 3:44 there. Then, thankfully, I get a text from her saying she is outside the door. I answer.

"You know you could've knocked, right?"

"Yeah. But the power of technology is better." I love her Australian accent, her's and Cassie's both. We are all together. All a family. "Yes! The Mother carrot has arrived!" Tori says. We all laugh.

"Guys Sam is trying to FaceTime me. Should I?" They all nod and talk to Sam. They're like friends to him. Not fans. (Even though they are fans) but they've talked to him a lot of times on Twitch. Then, for some reason, he has to go and hangs up.

We all change into our dresses.

I have to admit, they all look really, really pretty. I start putting on my silver flats when my aunt finds her glass slippers from high school. Yup. You heard it. Glass slippers like Cinderella. And to make things worse, they fit me perfectly. Oh, the irony. Ugh I really don't want to wear them, but I do it any way because it's the nice thing to do. I curl my hair and make a small beehive-style with my hair. Aunt Amy wants me to put a small tiara in my hair. Yay. Of course.

I mean, it's cute but ehh...

Lacee's mom helps Aunt Amy drive us to where the party is.

"Aunt Amy? Where's the party at?"

"It's in Atlanta."

Atlanta! "Can we visit Sam and Chandler?" I ask.

"I'm sorry. We don't have time." I nod.

We go ahead and and leave. I ride with Stephanie, Carrie, Cassie, Leigh, and Lexie in my aunt's truck while Eli, Tori, Ingrid, and Lacee drive in Lacee's mom's truck.

Three hours of riding pass. I'm in my old town of Atlanta. I pass my old neighborhood. I almost tear up. But I don't. I'm proud for not crying.

When we get to the place we see a lot of people dressed up formally like us. Lacee's mom and my aunt leave. We all take a group selfie and walk in. The first thing I hear is "Payphone" by Maroon 5 and I see a lot of people. It looks like my sister's prom when I went with her to help clean. Then I realize it's the same place. That's cool.

I talk with the Carrots and just hang out for the first few minutes.