Arabella Isn't Hiding

Chapter 37:

Sam's POV:

"Hey uh... Have you seen Arabella?"

"No... I thought she was with you..."

"I thought she was with you."

"No. She just disappeared. She must be hiding. Typical."

"Ok." Leigh hangs up. I have a feeling Arabella isn't hiding...

Arabella's POV:

"I want more than just a kiss..."

What. He lunges for me. Then my phone rings. He pulls it out of his pocket and I see LaLaLeigh💕 on the screen. Tyler ignores it and keeps it in his pocket. He pins me against the wall. His forearm crosses from my shoulder to my other shoulder. I can't get his arm off me. "Tyler stop this!" I say. "Let me go!" I scream. Tears form in my eyes but I don't let them fall.

I can't let him know I'm afraid. I'm a woman. An individual woman, and I'm not afraid of anything.

I glare at him. "Tyler. I know you aren't like this. I've only known you for a week but I know you're not like this."

"You really don't remember. Do you."

"What are you talking about?"

"As kids! Before your dad went crazy! You really don't remember..." Tears form in his eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"We were best friends. Your dad and my mom were best friends too."

Wait. Tyler and I? Best friends? What? "What?"

"We would always talk. Like little kids. We were little kids. We were closer than you and Sam-"

"I doubt that!"

"Let me finish! We were in preschool. I was four and you were three! We were best friends! We'd talk about everything!"

Arabella's flashback:

"Arabella?"

"Yeah, Tyler?"

"When we're older, let's get married!"

"Why not now?"

"We're too young."

"How about tomorrow?"

"Maybe. You're my best friend, Arabella."

"You're my best friend. What if we are still friends when we are 10!?"

"That would be cool. What if still friends at 15? That's really old!"

"Don't worry we still will be friends then. Best friends forever!"

*End of flashback*

I had a flashback. I remember everything. "... Best friends forever..." I mutter. Tyler nods. He reaches into his pocket and takes out a small card, and a locket. "Remember this?" I shake my head. He opens the locket. Inside, is a picture of him and me as little kids. We were swimming in my pool. He hands me the card. I open it. In sloppy little-kid handwriting and bad spelling, it reads:

"Deer Tyler,
Hapy birfday best frend!
Luv, Arabella"

I look him in the eye.

"Why am I here?"

"Your dad, Arabella! Your fucking dad!" He's on the verge of crying.

"What about him??"

"He raped my mom! Raped her then killed her. Now I'm gonna do the same to you."

Then I start crying. "What! No, Tyler!! I'm not like my dad!"

"I don't care! You're the spitting image!"

"What happened to what we had? As kids?"

"Your dad. That's what happened."