Not Yours Anymore

Chapter 10:

Arabella's POV:

Ok so apparently I'm Chandler's for the rest of the day. Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but ok. Chandler and I eat a tub of ice cream together. Then my phone is exploding with kik notifications. All from the Kawaii Wub Wub Carrots.

Lexie: Is Arabella here?
Stephanie: idk maybe
Eli: what if she's with Sam!
Tori: yeah ! ^
Stephanie: maybe
Carrie: #blamenightbot if she's not here and we are just talking to ourselves
Leigh: 😂 ^^
Cassie: yes lol #blamenightbot
Lacee: #blamedevin
Arabella: haha I'm here guys. I'm with Sam and chandler
Lacee: really!!!
Arabella: yeah and my brother
Ingrid: OMG that's amazing!!
Arabella: lol I guess
Lacee: OMG take a selfie with them!!
Arabella: *picture message sent*
Lexie: OMG Chandler's face 😂
Tori: yes^^
Carrie: Chandler's like "I'm gonna eat u"😂
Cassie: omfg ^^ so true
Ingrid: both their faces are priceless🙌
Leigh: Sam's like "hello ladies😉"
Stephanie: OMG he is!! ^^
Eli: they're both adorable <3
Arabella: I have to go. Chandler is getting really mad because apparently I'm "his for the night," whatever that means
Stephanie: can I be Chandler's for the night?
Tori: ya me too!!
Ingrid: what about Sam?
Carrie: ya sam
Cassie: why not both?
Leigh: lol bye Arabella!
*Arabella has left this conversation*

Chandler and I finish our ice cream and watch "Mean Girls," (it was Chandler's pick, don't ask).

Chandler's POV:

Yep I have Arabella for the night. I chose a movie most girls usually like. Ok maybe I like it too... But still. Sam's parents get home. Sam's mom seems to have forgotten about yelling at Sam, because she doesn't say anything.

"Five... Four... Three... Two... One... AND ITS MIDNIGHT MEANING SHES NOT YOURS ANYMORE CHANDLER!" Sam says, careful not to disturb his parents who are trying to sleep in their room.

Arabella sits between me and Sam. We are all really tired. The movie went off hours ago, so we've been watching the Main Menu screen forever.

Arabella struggles to stay awake, and every now and then she almost drifts off. Noah is asleep on the other couch.

Sam's POV:

"Hey Arabella you look tired!" I say. She yawns and says, "No I can be up for hours!" Then she starts falling asleep. She jolts awake. "What'd you say?" She wipes her eyes. "You need some sleep. You can go to my room if you want."

She stands up, but almost falls to the ground, and drifts right off. I catch her, luckily. She's really tired! I carry her to my room and tuck her in bed. I walk back downstairs.

Chandler and I decide to sleep on my bedroom floor. I go to sleep, only to be awoken by half-screaming. Arabella didn't wake Chandler, luckily. She jolts awake. Then a flush of relief calms her. Must have been a bad dream or something.

"You had a bad dream?"

"Yeah..."

"What about?"

"My dad. I'm scared..."

"Don't worry. As long as I'm here, nothing will happen to you. And your dad is with the police. You'll be fine."

"Yeah but what happens after?"

"After what?"

"If I have to live with someone else, I probably won't be able to see you or Chandler. I don't want to leave you guys..." A tear runs down her cheek. I get up and sit beside her. "Don't think about that. All that matters is right now. I'm here right now, you're here, we don't have to worry."

I give her a hug and turn to get back on the floor. "Wait!" She grabs my arm. "Please stay?" She asks. I smirk and get under the comforter. She doesn't sleep too close to me, but she holds my hand.