Chapter Sixty One

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 61

"You guys ready to go to the hotel now?" Jeremy asked. 

Justin and I nodded. It was almost midnight, and we were all getting tired. Me, most of all. Out of nowhere, I just hit a wall, and all my energy got sucked out of me. 

Jazzy had fallen asleep on Justin, surprisingly. She had been attached to me all night, until she got tired. Go figure. And Jaxon was long gone in the world of dreams. 

"Did you get it?" Justin quietly asked his dad. 

"Get what?" I asked, yawning right after. I was really too tired to care what they were talking about anymore. 

"Nothing," Justin said quickly. He sent a glare in his dads direction, for an unknown reason.  

Jeremy put his hands up in surrender. "Sorry. Didn't actually say anything, but sorry. And yes, Justin, I did get it." 

I cocked my head, but didn't pry. 

***

"Landry, baby, wake up," Justin said, lightly shaking me. 

I groaned as I realized that I fell asleep in the car on the way to the hotel. So I was only asleep for maybe ten minutes. 

"Lan, come on," Justin said. "My dad already took the suitcases up to our room. My job was to wake you up, and it's taking me longer to do that than it is for him to go put the suitcases up."

I laughed sleepily, but didn't move other than that. 

"Fine," Justin said. "I'll carry you."

I smiled as he gently took me in his arms, kicked the car door closed, and started walking into the hotel. I was smiling because the night when he first asked me out, he carried me from the car to the hotel room, and I guess this just reminded me of that night. The way he held me princess style. The way my head was snuggled into his chest. The way he made sure I was comfortable, and wouldn't fall. 

When we got up to the room, Justin said goodbye to his dad, who was making fun of Justin for not bring able to wake me up.  

"Hey, in my defense, she's a hard sleeper!" he countered. 

"Okay, whatever," Jeremy said with a laugh. "Goodnight, son. See you later."

When Jeremy left, Justin walked over to the bed, and laid me on it gently. 

But before he could stand back up, I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him more or less over me. He had a stunned look on his face, like he couldn't believe what I was doing. 

But, I kind of missed this. No matter how mad I was, or how hurt I was, I can't deny that I missed kissing him. And I haven't kissed him since Atlantis. That was more than three weeks ago. Yes, he has kissed my cheek, and the top of my head, but it's not the same. 

So, I pulled my arms down, bringing him closer to me. He started smiling, which made me smile. 

He finished going the rest of the way for me. And as soon as his soft lips touched mine, another smile was forming on my face. 

Justin pulled away, only to come back down, and lightly press his lips on my forehead. 

"I missed this," he whispered as he laid down next to me- since he was still hovering over me. He wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me into him. 

"Me too," I said. I rolled over on my side to face him. "Justin, I want you to know, that despite everything going on, I still love you. I always have. It never changed. I just want you to know that."

A cheeky smile came to Justin's face. "You haven't said that since the Bahamas," he said quietly, like he was scared that I might take it back. 

"I know," I whispered. "And I know that you love me too. You're always there when I need you; you are always trying to do the best thing for me; you care about me more than anyone else ever has; I can trust you with anything; and I can always count on you."

"You can count on me like one, two, three, and I'll be there. And I know that when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two, and you'll be there," he sang. 

I laughed. "What song was that?"

"Bruno Mars, 'Count On Me,'" he said, smiling.   

It fell quiet for a minute. Not the awkward quietness, but the comfortable kind. 

"How can you even love me?" he asked after a while. "How can you even stand me?" 

"What are you talking about? How can you say that?" I asked. 

I took his face in my hands as he said, "You said you still love me, even after what I did to you. How is that even possible?"

I laughed lightly. "That's the work of miracles, I guess."

Justin smirked. "No. The miracle was you being brought into my life in the first place. That was a miracle."

I smiled, and leaned forward to kiss him again. 

I pressed up against him again, and snuggled my head into the crook of his neck. He kissed my ear, and whispered, "Go to sleep. Love you."

"Love you, too," I mumbled before I fell asleep.