Chapter Fifty Six

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 56

The next two and a half weeks were annoying because everyone was nagging me to tell them what happened. Apparently Justin wouldn't tell them either. But, he had dedicated himself to try to talk to me. Thank god my room has a lock on it. He has been over at the house daily trying to explain shit to me. He has left me a thousand messages and a thousand more texts that I never read or listened to. He has tried to get Carin to get me to talk to him. I just didn't want to hear it. He hurt me, and nothing was going to change that. 

Right now was the first time in a while when Justin wasn't at Scooter and Carin's house trying to get me to talk to him. Well, my house, too, I guess. I took advantage of that opportunity, and used it to get out of the house. 

I changed into some spandex shorts, and a tank top. I grabbed my iPod instead of my phone, and went to Carin downstairs. 

"Hey, Carin?" I asked. She was sitting at the kitchen table, reading a magazine. "Can I borrow one of the cars?"

She looked up at me with an excited expression. Oh no. "You're talking again!" 

I groaned. "But can I please?" I asked, referring to the car. 

She nodded and started digging in her purse. She tossed me the keys, and I caught them with my right hand. 

"Thanks," I said with a small smile. 

"Are you going to a dance studio?" she asked. 

I nodded, and slid my flip flops on. 

"Okay, be home for dinner by six-thirty," she said, smiling. I think she was just happy that I was getting out to do something and I was talking again. Before, I refused to talk because all everyone would talk about was what happened because they still didn't know. And I was n o t going to tell them what happened. 

I walked through the house to the garage. I got in the car, and backed up out of the garage. Yes, I had my license, but I just never really had the chance to use it. I mean, I am seventeen. 

I drove to the studio that I went to the first day I was here. When I first moved to Atlanta. 

I parked, and then went inside. I asked for an empty studio, and went to it. 

And it just so happened to be the same one that I had used the first day I was here. 

The day I met Justin. 

I closed my eyes, willing myself not to think about that day. Yes, that day I hated him, but things have changed since then. 

I walked over to the iPod player, and plugged in my iPod. 

I spent a good thirty minutes stretching. 

After that, I put on my dance playlist, and went through to find a certain song. It was called, 'Crawl,' by Chris Brown.