Chapter Eighty Six

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 86

(I'm skipping a lot because I don't want to write the next one and a half months. This hopefully will make this story end faster.)

*One and a half months later*

*Justin's POV*

It was now the middle of November, and Landry and I were still in Hawaii. By my wishes. She keeps telling me that we needed to go back, but I kept saying no. She keeps making up excuses to try to convince me to go back, and I hated it. So, as a result of all that, it's caused us to do nothing but fight. Every day.

On top of that, she was very emotional and hormonal and sick. The first couple months of pregnancy that's what normally happens, but I never expected it to be this bad. One minute she was wanting watermelon, so I would be nice and go get her one, and when I brought it back, she wouldn't want it anymore. It pissed me off! She seemed so ungrateful! And then she would get sick, and either sit in the bathroom near the toilet for hours, or have a trash can next to the bed and stay there all day.

It was driving me up the fucking wall.

Oh, and to add to all that, paparazzi had found us when we were out on the beach the other day, and surely the pictures got out. I know this because I got a text from my mom a minute ago saying that she, Scooter, and Carin were on their way here.

We were in a hella lot of trouble.

Right now, Landry was asleep on the couch out by the tv. (Yes, we were still in the same hotel as when we first arrived here.) She was on her left side, with her hand draped over her stomach.

If you looked closely, her baby bump had started to form. It wasn't big, but it was definitely still there. She was very self-conscious when it came to her stomach. She was always complaining that she was fat, and then she tried to stop eating as much, but she couldn't help it - which drove her crazy. It's not her fault. She just has two bodies to feed now, not just one.

I sat down on the floor next to the couch she was sleeping on. I hated fighting with her. I really did. But in some ways, it was impossible not to. I feel like what we had before we left Atlanta was special - more special than what we have now - because we never really fought. I feel like that was changing, and it was never going to be the same. Ever. Sure, maybe there will be some good days we have in the future, but I can also guarantee that there will be days where we don't even want to see each other.

I sighed, and tucked a strand of Landry's hair - that had fallen in her face - behind her ear. She was breathing softly, and the room was silent other than the hum of the air conditioner.

She was on the couch in the first place because she was mad at me because I didn't go get her pickles like she wanted. Pickles. I had said that as soon as I brought them back, she wouldn't want them anymore. She disagreed. But I just didn't go. So she went in the other room, and apparently fell asleep. I feel bad now, but it's the truth.

Her left arm was in front of her body, and my eyes trailed down it until it came to her ring finger. The diamond was glittering beautifully because the setting sun was coming through the window so that it was hitting it perfectly. You know when something reflects the sun, and it's really bright? And when you look away, every time you blink there's those dots of the shape of the object reflecting the sun that always show up? Well, that's what I'm trying to describe.

My phone buzzed again, with a new text from my mom saying that they were ten minutes from the hotel, and we'd better have a fucking good explanation for taking off like we did a month and a half ago. She was furious.

I buried my head in my hands.

I had no idea what to do.

I lifted my head, and looked at Landry's face. Her flawless, beautiful face. Her eyelids were shut softly, and her breathing was light.