Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Justin dragged me out of the room, both of us laughing. When we got to the elevators, he stopped in his tracks. 

I gave him a confused look. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head and hesitantly pressed the button. "Claustrophobia," was all he mumbled. 

He was still holding my hand from when he dragged me out if the room, so I gave it a reassuring squeeze. He smiled at me almost gratefully, but he still didn't let go of my hand. 

When the elevator came, we got in. I almost had to drag Justin into it, though. I have no idea how he made it up here by himself earlier. Maybe he took the stairs.

The doors closed and I pressed the lobby button. When the elevator started moving, Justin clenched my hand tighter and tighter as it descended more and more. 

I looked at him only to find that he was staring at the doors with a completely straight face. The way he was looking at them made me think he was going to open them with his eyes. 

"Hey," I said softly, trying to turn his attention away from his claustrophobia. "Look at me."

Justin looked at me, but slowly. I noticed that his eyes that were usually a beautiful golden brown color were now a dark, dark brown- almost black. 

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Are you okay?" I asked him. 

He shrugged slightly. 

I squeezed his hand tighter, and then I brought it up to my lips and kissed his knuckles. I thought that it would distract him. 

And I was right. 

He smiled big at me, not showing any teeth, and his eyes started to return to normal. And as soon as he realized we were still in the elevator, the doors had open. 

"Let’s go!" he said excitedly as he literally dragged me out of the elevator. Damn, boy. Stop dragging me.

We walked through the lobby, and Justin pulled his hood up with his other hand and kept his head low as we saw more and more people lingering around. I wonder what he would do if someone recognized him.

When we reached the front doors of the hotel, Justin smiled at me again, squeezed my hand tighter, excitedly said, "Come on!" and started to run. 

I laughed at his enthusiasm. 

We both started running, weaving in and out of people on the sidewalks. And I might add that running hand-in-hand is a bit difficult. 

But when we finally came to a stop after a few minutes in front of a big, low rise, brick building, I smiled, but I was confused at where we were. 

"Justin," I said. "What is this place?"

He smiled at me as then lead me inside. 

He let go of my hand when we were in what I assume is a lobby. Walking behind me, Justin covered my eyes so that I couldn’t see. 

"Really?" I asked. "Is that necessary?"

I heard him laugh, and then he said, "Yep!"

He started walking, making me walk in front of him. 

"I swear to god," I said. "If you make me run into something, I'll kill you."

Justin laughed again. "Don't worry, I won't. And don't set your hopes too high, because it's not that big of a deal where we are."

I furrowed my eyebrows when he said that- er, tried to, but it was kind of hard when he was covering my eyes. 

"Okay," he said. "Take a step up."