Chapter Sixty Three

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 63 

*Justin's POV*

We wound up at a deli for lunch. Landry and I sat next to each other in the booth, across from Ryan and Chaz. 

"What do you want to eat, baby girl?" I asked Landry quietly. 

She shrugged. "I'm really not that hungry."

I furrowed my eyebrows, and made her face me. "Lan, you haven't had anything to eat today. You need to eat something." I could tell she needed food or something because she had turned pale, and was a little shaky. 

She shrugged. "But I'm really not hungry."

I sighed. "Then you can have some of mine, okay?"

She nodded small, and then quickly excused herself from the table. She more or less ran across the restaurant into the ladies restroom. 

I looked at Ryan and Chaz to see if they noticed, and they were giving each other looks- like they knew what's going on. Because we all knew she didn't go to use the restroom...

"Dude," Chaz said. "Has that been happening a lot lately?"

I shrugged. "She gets these episodes where she's really dizzy, and can't walk or stand up properly. Her sleeping schedule has changed, and now she won't eat."

Ryan and Chaz shared another glance with each other. 

"What?" I asked. "What are y'all thinking?"

"How long ago did y'all go to the Bahamas on vacation?" Ryan asked. 

I shrugged. "About a month. Why does that matter-"

"Dude, go check on her now," Ryan said with concern in his voice. 

I wanted to know why, but I didn't ask. I slid out of the booth, and walked to the door of the ladies restroom. I slightly opened it, and called in, "Landry? Are you in here?"

I heard a very not too pleasant sound in return. I rushed in, and found her sitting on the tile floor, hanging over one of the toilets, vomiting- which was weird because she hasn't had anything to eat yet.

"Oh, my god," I whispered. I hurried to her, and pulled her hair back out of her face, and held it behind her. "Landry, are you okay?"

She stopped vomiting for the moment, and now was taking a few deep breaths. She was shaking, so I sat down on the tile floor, and pulled her into my lap. 

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked. "Why do all these weird things keep happening-"

She cut me off with a look. She took one more deep breath, and said shakily, "Justin, do you have a toothbrush in your car?"

I nodded. "You want me to go get it? It's those disposable ones that come in a package and have the toothpaste built into it."

She nodded. "Yes, please."

She crawled off my lap, and leaned against the stall wall. She shut her eyes, and sighed. 

I stood up, kissed the top of her head reassuringly, and started to walk out. 

"Oh, and Justin?" Landry called. 

I turned around to see her. "Yeah, baby?"

She had an uncomfortable and worried look on her face. "We... um, we're going to need to stop at, like, a Walmart, or CVS, or something. Just... sometime today."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why? What do you need? I'll go get it now."

She shook her head. "I'll tell you later. And we can get it after."

I knew she wouldn't tell me right now what 'it' was, so I dropped it. "Okay, well, I'll be right back."

She nodded, and shut her eyes again. 

I hurried out of the bathroom, and into the restaurant. Ryan and Chaz stopped me on the way to my car. 

"Dude, is she okay?" Ryan asked. 

I shook my head. "She threw up a minute ago, and she wants a toothbrush now."

They nodded, and looked at each other again. 

"Guys, you know what's wrong with her, don't you?" I asked. I had no clue, and I didn't like how my best friends knew, and I didn't. 

They nodded. 

"You wanna tell me?" I said. 

They shook their heads no. 

"What did she say in there?" Chaz asked. 

Why did he want to know what Landry had said?

"Um, well, she said that she wanted a toothbrush, and that we'd have to stop by Walmart or CVS later today."

Ryan and Chaz shared yet another glance with each other, but this time, they didn't say anything.  

I ignored them, and ran out to my car, and got the little disposable toothbrushes. I ran back inside, and back to the ladies room. Landry hadn't moved. She was still leaning against the wall, with her eyes closed. When she heard me, she opened her eyes. 

I put the toothbrush package down, and reached my hands down to help her up. She slowly took them, and I hauled her up. 

I helped her walk to the sink, and got the toothbrush package and handed it to her. 

"Thank you," she said quietly. She pulled out one of the brushes, and brushed her teeth for a good five minutes. 

When she was done, she said, "Is it weird that I feel fine now, and I'm hungry?"

I laughed lightly, and pulled her into a hug. 

"I don't know if it's normal, but it's okay," I said, holding her tight. "But let's go eat."

We walked back out to our table, and Ryan and Chaz gave us concerned looks. I hated how they knew what was up, and I didn't!

"What?" I asked them. 

They didn't respond, and Landry and I climbed back into our side of the booth. 

"Hey," Ryan said. "We should hit the ice rink later."

I smiled. "Yeah that's a good idea, but-" I turned to Landry. "-Would you rather go back to the hotel room?"

She shook her head no. "I'll go. It sounds like fun. And I feel fine now. Don't worry about me."

Don't worry about her? Yeah, that's going to happen. 

Not in this lifetime. 

So, anyways, we all ordered our food, and when it came, we all chowed down on it. Landry and I shared, and we kept feeding each other bits of it. Ryan and Chaz thought it was the worst thing ever, but, you can guess that I was very happy. 

When we had all finished, we went back to my car. 

"Let's go hit the ice!" Ryan yelled excitedly.