Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

The second month past, and so far everything was going great.  Scooter kept his distance from us, but Justin and I were like best friends.  We were still inseparable, and we almost never left each others side.  Not my idea.  His.  We went everywhere together - rehearsals, concerts, car rides, planes, hotel rooms, and so on.  Not that I had a problem with it, because I didn’t. 

Even with me around, Justin was working really hard because he wanted to prove to Scooter that he could still do as he was expected, and I wasn’t a ‘distraction.’  Plus, Justin’s dad was flying in later today with Jazzy and Jaxon.  We were just waiting for Pattie to get ready so we could leave to go pick them up. 

I was actually nervous to meet his dad.  The dad is always the one who likes to scare the girlfriend/boyfriend away.  At least, mine did.  My parents were always really strict on me.  

Anyways, I was worried that he wouldn't like me, or that he would be like Scooter and disapprove of Justin and I together.  I know it's stupid to worry about, but I kind of couldn't help it.  

"Hey babe," Justin said as he flopped down on the couch next to me.  

"Hi," I said, flashing him a small smile. 

"What are you thinking about?" he asked as be wrapped one of his arms me around behind my shoulders. 

I didn't want to tell him that I was scared to meet his dad.  He would just think that I was being ridiculous. 

I put on a fake smile.  "Nothing."

Justin looked at me funny.  Obviously he didn't believe me.  "You're always thinking something.  Your brain never shuts off."

I laughed.  That's true.  

I laid down, putting my head to face sideways in Justin's lap.  I knew that he wasn't going to push me, and so I didn't have to tell him what I was thinking.  He started playing with my hair, and humming 'Stuck in the Moment.'  I love that song.  It may be one of his older songs, but it was an amazing song. 

"Baby?" he whispered after a minute. 

"Hmm?"

"Look at me."

I turned my head so I could see his face.  He was smiling down at me.  

"Yes?" I mocked. 

There was a pause before he actually started talking. 

"Can we promise each other something?" he asked quietly, reaching for my hands that were placed on my stomach. 

"Of course," I said. 

"Can we promise to always tell each other everything?  To not keep any secrets from each other?" he asked quietly. 

I smirked.  "Is that because I won't tell you what I was thinking?"

Justin laughed.  "No no no.  That's not it at all.  I was just thinking that we should tell each other everything so that way, there would be no secrets between us.  I want to know everything about you.  If you like something, dislike, love, hate.  I want to know how you feel when I ask, or even when I don't.  If you have something to say, I want to hear it, even if it hurts me.  Okay?"

I smiled.  "Okay."

Justin smiled too.  "Good."

I turned my head back to the side, and closed my eyes.  We were still waiting on Pattie to get ready so we could go to the airport, but I knew we had a little time.