Chapter Sixty Nine

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 69

*Justin's POV*

"Justin, you're amazing," Landry said as I pulled out of the parking lot, heading back to the hotel. "You know that?"

I chuckled. "Yes, I do know that."

She shoved me playfully, and laughed. "But, seriously, those songs were amazing."

I smiled at her. I had written about ten songs for her, but I only showed her four. What she didn't know yet was that my next album had only the songs I wrote for and about her on it. I still hadn't thought of a name for it yet, but I had a feeling it'd come to me soon. It had to be something that was significant about her and me. 

I came to a red light, and put on the brakes. When the car stopped, I looked at Landry. She had a faint smile on her face, and had one hand on her stomach. I had an idea of what she was thinking... But I also hated to ruin the moment by saying what I said:

"Hey, we should go see my dad," I said. I waited for her reaction, and all it was, was her smile fading. "You know, and tell him about our soon-to-be-baby."

She kept quiet for a second, then asked in a small voice, "Should we?" 

I smiled at her reassuringly. "We have to sooner or later. I think we should do it in person rather than over phone or Skype or phone or something else. And since we are leaving tomorrow, either tonight or tomorrow morning would work, and I know you're not a morning person."

She sighed. "Yeah, that's a good point." She then looked away from me, and kept quiet. 

"You're nervous, aren't you?" I asked. 

She nodded small. "What if he hates me?" she whispered. 

I took her hand that wasn't on her stomach. "He won't hate you. If anyone, he'll be the one who's happy for us."

Landry didn't say anything. 

"Plus, why would he hate you?" I said, slipping my fingers between hers. "I had as much a part in it as you did, if not more. Technically it's my fault in the first place, and never should have happened."

"But, I thought you wanted this baby," she said, fear spreading throughout her face. 

"No! No! No! I do! That's not what I meant!" I said frantically. I didn't want her to get the wrong idea. "I do want to have this baby, more than anything. What I meant was, was that the bet was my fault, and never should have happened. But now," I made Landry look me in the eyes. "I am so glad I did. I wouldn't change anything."

She smiled small. 

For about a second until it faded quickly. "Justin, will you promise me something?"

Her voice was very quiet. More quiet than I think I've ever heard her be. It made me nervous. And the scary part was that she was completely serious. There was not one joking look on her face anywhere.