Chapter Sixty Seven

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 67 

"I'm going to be a dad..." Justin repeated my words quietly. Then he started jumping up and down, and exclaimed, "I'm going to be a dad!"

He threw his arms around me, and picked me up. He spun around in a circle, and when he set me down, he planted a huge kiss on my lips. 

I laughed through the kiss at how excited he was. I honestly didn't expect it. 

"And you're going to be a mother," he whispered against my lips before kissing me one last time. 

He pulled away from me, and got down on both of his knees, so that his head was right about where my stomach was. He put both of his hands on my hips to keep his balance, and started talking to my belly. 

"Hi, there," he said. "This is your daddy talking."

I smiled. This was the start of something new.

"Are you going to be a singer like your daddy? Or a beautiful dancer like your mommy?" Justin was saying in a baby voice. "Boy or girl?"

I laughed at him. Babies can make people do the strangest things. 

"Babe, boy or girl?" Justin said again. He was now looking up at me. 

"Oh, me?" I asked. I didn't realize he was talking to me. 

Justin nodded, kissed my stomach, and stood back up. "Boy or girl?" he repeated. 

I thought about it. "For how sick I've been, it's probably a boy. But, I don't care either way."

Justin smiled. "That way, when he's older, he can beat up all the guys who try to break his younger sister's heart."

I melted. He wanted to have more kids after? And he thought that we'd last that long?

I believed him. 

"Well, do you want a boy or girl?" I asked him. 

"Hm, I don't care either way," he said. "If it's a girl, she's going to be the second most beautiful thing that ever walked the earth. Her mommy is the first."

I blushed, and looked to the floor. 

"Babe, you've got to learn how to take a compliment, because I'm not going to stop giving them," Justin said, pecking the tip of my nose. 

"And, if it's a boy?" I asked, ignoring his last statement. 

"If it's a boy, then he'll inherit his daddy's amazing-good looks," he said, popping an invisible collar on his shirt.