Chapter Sixty Five

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 65

"Okay," Justin said, clapping his hands together. "So, I guess it will be Landry and I versus-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Ryan cut in. "That's not fair."

"Ryan, Chaz isn't that bad," Justin smirked. 

"Hey!" Chaz yelled. 

"No," Ryan said. "I mean that's not fair to YOU. Chaz and I would whoop your sorry a-"

"Watch it!" Justin yelled. 

"Guys!" I yelled. "I'll just be with Ryan. Justin and Chaz can team up. Is that fair?"

Chaz started laughing. 

"IS THAT FAIR?!" I yelled, a lot louder. I was glaring at Chaz, who was still laughing hysterically. 

"Haha- what? Oh. Well, no, it's not fair, but it works for me!" he said. 

"Hold up," Justin said. "I can't go hard on my gir-"

"Okay, ready?" Ryan asked, annoyed with the arguments. 

I sighed. Guys are such drama-queens. Er, would it be a drama- king? 

"Okay, Ryan," I said. "So, which goal are we shooting at?"

"The red one," he said, pointing to it. 

I nodded, understanding. See, that much, I got. I know my colors. 

Chaz set the puck down in the middle of the ice rink. While he was still squatting, he looked up at me, and said, "That money's just sounding better and better."

"Oh, just shut up and start the game," I snapped. 

"Alright," Justin cut in. "Landry, good luck. Remember that I love you. Ryan, you're my only real competition here. And Chaz? Go suck a-"

"GAME ON!" Ryan yelled. 

He hit the puck, and the game began. I was kind of lost at first, so I decided to just follow Ryan. I'm really not smart when it comes to sports. Emphasis on 'really.'

Almost immediately, I got a little too much momentum, and because I was right behind Ryan, I ran right into him, causing him to fall, and then accidentally trip me so that I landed on top him. That let Chaz intercept the puck, causing Ryan to have a pre-Madonna moment. 

"Get off of me and go get the puck!" Ryan yelled at me. "They're gonna score!"

"Okay, first of all, I did not chose to lie on top of you," I said. "Trust me. And second of all, they just did."

I got off Ryan as gracefully as I could with ice skates on, and skated back to the center of the rink. 

"So," Chaz said with a smirk on his face. "Landry. Have you come to your senses and decided to back out yet? I mean I could use the extra cash, but it just doesn't feel right taking it from a helpless girl like yourself..."

I looked at him funny. "Are you always this confident?"

He shrugged. 

I turned to Ryan and grabbed his arm, guiding him away to where Chaz and Justin couldn't hear. 

"We need to make a distraction or something," Ryan said to me. 

I nodded. "What we need is a plan. A play. A strategy. Something! Or like you said, a distraction."

Ryan smiled deviously. "Okay, how about this..."

He told me the play he had in mind, and I have to say it wasn't that bad. I was actually pretty excited to run it.