Chapter Forty Eight

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 48

*Justin's POV* 

"I think they took it well," I said, pulling Landry sideways onto my lap. 

I was referring to my fans and twitter. I had told them that Landry and I were dating, and let's just say that most of them took it well. They liked Landry, so that was good. 

"Yeah, I guess," she said quietly. 

I looked down at her. She was laying her head on my chest, and her gaze was straight down and away from me.  

"Lay-baby, what's the matter?" I asked softly. 

She looked up at me. She put on a smile that I knew was fake. "Nothing," she said warmly. 

I didn't believe her, but I wasn't going to pry. So I just let it go. 

I knew that she was worried about telling my fans about us, but I didn't think that would be the reason she would become distant. Would it?

"Okay, well, I'm going to take a shower," I said. 

She nodded, and got up off of me. She moved next to the spot where I was sitting as I stood up. 

I leaned down and kissed her softly on her lips. She smiled in the middle of it, making me giggle. 

"You know," she giggled. "That always puts me in a better mood."

I smiled. "Trust me, me too, babe."

She laughed again, and I kissed her one last time before running upstairs and jumping in the shower. 

***

"Landry?" I called out. My house was completely dark with just a few lights on throughout the house. Oh, by the way, I was looking for Landry. I couldn't find her. And it being dark outside didn't help. 

"Landry?" I called out again. 

I searched until I found her in the backyard. She was sitting on the edge of the pool with her feet sticking in it. She was leaning on her right arm for balance, while her left played mindlessly with the bottom of her thigh-length dress. She was looking straight up at the sky.

She didn't hear me come out, so when I walked up next to her, sat down and stuck my feet in the water, too, it made her jump a little.

"Hey," she said, now in a better mood than he was before. 

I smiled as my reply. "What are you doing?"

She looked back up at the sky. I noticed that the stars were out. 

"We don't have stars in New York," she said. "There's too much pollution."

I nodded. There weren't a lot here, but there was more than there was in New York. That was a given. 

I looked back at Landry and admired her. She was still looking at the stars. Her beautiful brown eyes were focused on them, and she was faintly smiling. Her long blonde hair was blowing slightly with the soft wind. 

"Just wait until we get to Atlantis," I said. "The stars there are amazing."

She turned to me, smiling small. "Justin, you really don't have to spend that kind of money on me. I-"

"Landry," I cut her off, laughing a little. "The money is not a big deal. I want to. I want to go on that vacation with you. So we are going to go. That's that. You'll have a great time, I promise."

And I'm going to win that bet. That's the main reason we are going. 

Landry was smiling faintly at me. "Justin, I'm serious. I know how much a vacation like that costs, and-"