Chapter Sixty Four

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 64

We pulled up to the ice rink center, and Justin ran around the car quickly to open the door for me to get out. He was about to grab my hand, but Chaz shoved him out of the way. 

"Naw, man," he said. "You've had your chances. It's my turn."

Justin held his hands up in surrender, and then held them out in an offering stance. 

"May I, pretty lady?" Chaz asked me. 

I chuckled at Chaz, looked at Justin, and then back at Chaz

"Yes, you may, handsome sir,"

I joked, placing my hand in his.

Although it was just a silly action, I couldn't help but compare Chaz's hand holding to Justin's. They weren't as  welcoming. As warm. As comforting. As soft. As inviting. As reassuring. 

And that's when I knew. No one could replace my Justin. No one. No matter how hard they tried. 

Anyways, Chaz and I swung our arms back and forth the whole way there, making our giant, windmill steps in synch. Justin got to the door first, so he held it open for Ryan, Chaz, and I. 

"Thank you, kind sir," Chaz said in a fail of a British accent. "Now, if you don't mind could you very kindly lead us to the honeymoon sweet?"

Chaz looked at me with a perverted expression and wiggled his eyebrows. I opened my mouth wide in shock, and slapped his stomach with my free hand. He curled over a little, holding his stomach in temporary pain. 

"Ow!" he managed to say in a gasp, letting go of my hand. 

I smirked. "Serves you right, you pervert," I said with my head held high, turning to my right and smiling in Ryan and Justin's direction. But my eyes only met one of them. 

"Hello, how may I help you?" the lady at the front desk said happy. She was sitting in an office chair behind a desk. 

While Justin talked to the lady in effort to pay for us to skate on one of the busy rinks, I took the chance to look around. For one, it was chilly in the building, and wearing a dark grey tank top with arm wholes deep enough to show my bright blue sports bra, and light washed short blue Jean shorts, my hair down with light curls, I was SLIGHTLY under dressed. 

For some reason, I started thinking about later. I was scared out of my mind because of what was going to happen and what Justin and I had coming. It just really scared me. I couldn't even bring myself to say what 'it' is. 

Anyways, there were roughly five rinks, and almost all of them were full of people. All the rinks had hockey goals at either side, and in the long hallway connected to all of the rinks was a rack of sticks and hockey pucks for people to use as they please. Along the walls were framed, blue, Toronto Maple Leaf jerseys that were used by retired players. There were also team pictures, medals, and trophies on shelves. 

On my left was the station to rent your skates. We'd probably head there next. 

When I came back to the conversation that was happening in front of me, Justin was saying, "Alright, thank you."

He handed the lady what seemed to be a little too much cash. 

Then he turned to Ryan, Chaz and me, and said, "Alright we're on rink 5."

I furrowed my eyebrows when I looked over to that rink. I compared it to the other packed rinks. "But... no one's on there."

"Exactly," Chaz said while pushing his hands up on my shoulders, using the momentum from the jump up to push ahead of me.