Chapter Seventy Three

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 73

"Ugh, when are they going to get back?" I groaned, climbing up on the bar stool at the counter. 

"Whenever they feel like it," Carin said sarcastically, handing me a peach to eat. 

Justin and his mom went out to lunch to talk. I felt bad for Justin because he had to sit through that. Pattie was supposed to talk about how 'you aren't supposed to have sex before marriage,' and how 'it can have several consequences.'

Fun, right? Note the sarcasm. 

"I wish they'd hurry up!" I said, throwing my hands in the air exasperatedly. 

"Landry, they left just an hour ago," Carin said. "It might be another hour or so before he comes back."

I slouched down in my chair, defeated. 

Until I heard a knock on the door. 

I bolted up from the stool, and sprinted towards the door. I threw it open, a huge smile on my face. I forgot how hard it was without Justin being around. 

But it wasn't Justin at the door. 

"Oh, my god, Blake!" I screamed as I jumped into his arms. 

"Hey!" he said happily, hugging me back. "How've you been?"

"I've been well! Justin takes very good care of me," I said, backing out of his embrace. 

"Justin?" Blake asked, a confused expression crawling up on his face. "You mean the kid you hated last time you talked to me?"

I thought back. Damn, that was a long time ago. And the last time I talked to Blake was when we were in the UK at the beginning of Justin's tour. 

"Yeah, well, I don't really hate him anymore," I said with a smile creeping it's way onto my face. 

"Let me guess," Blake said unenthusiastically. "You're dating him."

I nodded, and smiled big. "Blake, I know you told me to be careful, and I am. But he makes me so happy. Happier than I've ever been."

Blake smiled small. "Let's go for a walk," he said, putting his arm around my shoulder. 

"Yeah, I've got something else I need to tell you," I said, a bit uneasy. 

*Justin's POV*

"Yes, mom, I understand," I said, folding my napkin and setting it next to my empty plate on the table. 

"Justin, you know how I feel about this," she said. "I'm not completely against it, but I am definitely not for it at all. You better be thankful that it's Landry and not someone else. If it was someone else, I wouldn't consider it at all. You would pack your stuff up and find another place to live. Just be thankful I like Landry."