Chapter Eighty-Seven

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 87

When Justin left, I went back to where Pattie, Carin, and Scooter were waiting. I sat down on the couch next to Pattie, who smiled at me.

"You're showing now," she said happily, pointing at my fat stomach.

I smiled small, even though I was somewhat offended. It's like she just called me fat.

"I'm so jealous!" Carin chimed in. "How are you so skinny still, yet three or four months pregnant?"

I blinked, a little uncomfortable with the conversation. Can they read my mind? Or are they just trying to make me feel better?

"It's exciting," Pattie said softly.

"Yeah, um," I said quietly. "Yeah, Justin's... Justin's excited."

Pattie furrowed her eyebrows. "You're not?"

I shrugged. "It's going to mostly me taking care of it. Justin won't always be around to help me out like he is now. He wants a baby, but I don't think he knows how much work comes with it. And I'm the one that's going to be doing all the work."

Pattie nodded. "And it's only that much harder when you're a young parent. Trust me."

I nodded.

It was quiet in the room for a minute, until Carin asked, "What are you going to do?"

"About what?" I asked.

"Are you and Justin going to come back to Atlanta?" she continued.

"I don't know," I sighed. "I think we should, and I've told him that. Many times. But, he thinks we should stay here."

"So y'all have talked about it?" Pattie asked.

I nodded. "But, because we disagree, we've literally done nothing except fight since we got here.

Carin and Pattie stifled laughs.

"You and Justin fight?" Carin asked. "That's seriously not normal."

"I know," I sighed. "That's what worries me."

"Okay, you two have no option," Scooter said. It was the first thing he's said since he got here. "You have to come back."

"Why?" I questioned.

"Justin's career will die if he doesn't come back," he said with a smirk. "His fans will forget about him, and move on."

I blinked. For once, Scooter had a valid point.

"You wouldn't want that, would you?" Scooter asked in a sly way.

I shook my head no. "Justin loves his fans. They mean the world to him. I would never want to come between him and them."

Scooter smiled. "Good."

Pattie and Carin were looking at him funny. I didn't get why.

"Plus," I added, thinking out loud. "If we came back, we would now be able to find out if the baby was a boy or girl."

"Yes! Good!" Scooter encouraged.

"Our appointment was supposed to be, like, last week, but we had to change it because we weren't there," I muttered.

"You know," Scooter said in a sympathetic tone. "I think you should try to convince Justin of those things, and come back to Atlanta."

I nodded. "I will."

"Excellent," Scooter hissed.

I smiled small.

"Um, but he asked me to, uh, get you guys to leave," I whispered.