Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

By the time Justin and I were done with the studio, it was almost eight at night. I had shown him a few more of my dances- because he insisted, not because I wanted to- and he had shown me some of his dances to his songs. Since I'm a dancer, I appreciate all versions of dance. I like to watch people dance, and I like preforming for people. It's almost like second nature for me. And I'm sure that Justin preforming is basically the same, seeing as he does it for a living. 

Anyway, now we were walking back to the hotel. It was more or less silent on the streets with it getting late, but a few people were lingering here and there. Justin kept his hood up to be on the safe side. 

We hadn't really spoken to each other since we left the studio, which was about ten minutes before.

We walked into the hotel, and I headed towards the elevators. I heard Justin groan from beside me as we got closer to it. 

I just gave him a reassuring smile as I pressed the button. In no time, we were in the elevator, and Justin's hand had automatically attached itself to mine. I don't know if he really is that claustrophobic or not, but it really seemed to stress him out.  

When we got to our floor, Justin didn't let go of my hand, but he dragged me out of the elevator instead. 

I chuckled slightly at his eagerness to get out. 

He must have heard me, because he turned back to face me, and said softly, "I'm sorry. I just really don't like elevators."

I just smiled at him and glanced at his hand still holding mine. He didn't seem to notice me looking at it because he was fiddling with the room key and the slot thing. 

He got it open, and we walked in. Almost immediately we were mobbed by about seven people who started throwing questions at us. 

Most of the questions were aimed at Justin. 

"Where have you two been?!"

"Why didn't you tell us where you were going?!"

"Why are you guys holding hands?!"

"Where did you take her?!"

"Why did you leave lunch, Justin, and not tell us?!"

"Why didn't you bring Kenny to watch out for you guys?!" 

"Did you know we almost had to phone the cops to find you guys?!"

Pattie, Carin, Scooter, Ryan Good, Ryan Butler, Chaz, and Kenny all fell silent after they dumped their questions out. 

They were all staring at us, making me feel a bit uncomfortable. 

"Uh," Justin started, squeezing my hand tighter. "We were at a dance studio. Landry was helping me . . . um, practice."

I looked at him, trying not to show any confusion in my face. If I did, everyone would know that he was lying. 

Justin turned to me and just smiled. 

"Okay you two," Chaz said. "What's up with the holding hands and smiling at each other thing?"

Justin and I looked at him. I dropped Justin's hand like it was on fire and said, "He doesn't like elevators. He's claustrophobic."

Chaz frowned, clearly unconvinced. He said something to Ryan Butler, and they both walked away. That left Pattie, Carin, Scooter, Kenny, and Ryan Good. 

After a minute, Scooter spoke up. "Justin, my room, now."

With that, he walked away. 

I felt Justin sigh from next to me. He looked at me one last time before following Scooter.