Chapter 2

"Well I guess me and you are never going to be around each other on campus. You got all the brainiac classes. I've got the dumb ones." Sam pouts.

We've been walking around campus for about 20 minutes now, trying to figure out how far away our dormitory is from some of our classes. My classes are very close to the dorms, approximately 3 minutes walk and others are 5 minutes. Sam on the other hand, has to walk on the opposite side of our dorms to get to her classes, which takes us 12 minutes.

Jackson decided to tag along with us, and he's pretty good company. I mean, he isn't that much different from sister, other than having...never mind. But he's cute. Me and him have 3 classes together: English lit, history, and microbiology.

"So what are you doing as a job?" She asks. I look at Sam as if she had grown another head.

"Job?" I ask dumbly.

"Yeah, a job."She retaliates her question.
"I haven't thought about it, really." I admit to her.

Sam looks over to the board of papers on a bulletin board saying 'Extracurricular activities and jobs'. How could I be so dumb? Of course I need a job, I was just too busy the past month to really think past getting into college.
Ugghhhhhhhhhh!
"What do you think you're going to do?" I ask, hoping that she hasn't had a plan so that I don't look stupid.

"Actually, Jackson and I are both going to work at that diner across the street from campus. Good tips." Sam says proudly as if she just explained her whole career. Well, at least she's got a good head start on her college life.

"Just look at the board. I'm sure there are some good ass jobs on there." She reassures me. I look at the board, rubbing my index finger across the cork background of it and reading all the colorful papers. Dog walking, car washing, nanny? The last one catches my eye and I read over the flyer again. It says 'Part time nanny needed to take care of little boy after school. More details on payment if you call the number below' I quickly save the number in my phone and we walk away from the bulletin board.

Fifteen minutes later, we are back to the dormitory building and we sigh as I open the door, relieved to have stopped walking finally. "Un un this ain't gonna work!" Sam jokes and I laugh with her and Jackson. She joins in after looking at the two of us and smiles. She has some idea reeling behind those icy blue eyes, I know she does.

"Well, you two get to know each other some more. I'm going to go take a shower." She then winks at me as if giving me a hint of something. Oh my goodness. She thinks I like him! Well, I kinda do but as a friend, maybe more? I don't know!

Jackson walks from his sister's bed over to my bed and I begin to panic. I don't know why, but it's just happening. I just got to college, had to deal with annoying ass Adam today, watched my mom cry 50,000 times today, and just walked for about 30 minutes. Too much is happening today and I can't wrap my head around it.

"So, uh, what do you do for fun?" He shyly asks, smiling a little.

I don't know, reading or skateboarding. "Um I skateboard sometimes, but I like reading. I used to go to parties a lot but then..." I trail off. I don't want him to know too much of my personal life.

He reads the blankness on my face and speaks up. "You don't have to tell me, I just wanted to get to know you a little more, well, since you and my sister are practically best friends now." Oh wow, best friends. And it's been what, an hour. "Oh cool." I finally say. "What do you like to do for fun?"

"Well I go to the movies, the library a few times a week, and I skateboard too." When he says this I'm totally shocked.

"Woah, then you and your sister we definitely different." We both share a laugh. His laugh is so deep, yet cheerful and it brings my stress to the back of my head and I focus on this moment. "Well, as you can see, I wear vans and thrasher, not Birkenstocks and SEASIDE ."

When he says this I burst into more laughter. As I think about it more, they are kinda different. He's more like...me.

"Well I'm gonna go back to the house, it's getting pretty late. So, you wanna grab lunch tomorrow?" As he asks this, my face blushes hard. Wow. I'm getting asked out for lunch. This is a very eventful day. "Yeah, sure. That would be great."
"Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye,"
"Bye."
He closes the door behind him and I plop down on the small bed. He's so cute and like me. Sam comes in like an hour later and she is grinning. "My brother called me like a maniac and was jumping up and down about you saying yes to lunch. He really likes you."
"Oh, I...I like him too."
     We watched that emotional ass movie Me Before You and Sam eventually falls asleep. I left awake and then something is bugging me, a if I forgot something...The nanny job! I forgot to call! Welp I guess I'll do it in the morning, because all I wanna do now is just drift off to sleep.