I Can't Believe I Did That

Hunters POV

I can't believe I just said that to her. It just came out before I even thought of what I was saying, you know one of those in the heat if the moment things. I was the one who told her she didn't have to go out and get a job right away or even at all. I'm starting to sound just like her mother, she doesn't need that from me. She needs to be supportive. "Eleanor, I'm so sorry baby" I said trying to grab her hand again. She looked hurt, almost betrayed. I broke one of my promises to her. "Don't hunter, just don't right now." She said, I could already feel her anger. "Why the hell would you say that to me? I can not believe that you would throw that in my face, you are the one who told me not to get a job. I'm sorry that I am not comfortable going to walk around in a big city that I don't know yet. I'm sorry it takes me a little but to get comfortable with my surroundings." She yelled at me, she has never yelled at me before but I guess I deserve it I mean I did yell at her. "I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean what I said. It just came out. "So what you are telling me is is that you were thinking it but didn't mean to say it." She said. "No that's not it at all, what I mean is..." "What do you mean Hunter, come on tell me." She challenged. "Would you just shut up and let me talk!" I screamed. At this point it had gotten out of hand and my parents had burst through they door. "What is going on my mom yelled." Eleanor was in tears at this point. "I need to get out of here"she said trying to hold back sobs. My dad came over and helped her out of my room. My mom came and sat down and asked what happened. "I yelled at her mom, I yelled at my fiancé and now she probably doesn't want anything to do with me." I said now trying to fight back tears. Realization hit me of what happened and that I also might lose her. I broke down at that point. My mom sat closer and held me, rubbing my back trying to calm me down. "Shh, you two just need to calm down. Being cramped up like this for this long you can easily get on each other's nerves. Everything will be okay." She said. How does she always know what to say? 

Eleanor's POV

Leo helped me down the hall to a guess bedroom that I didn't even know existed. He helped me into the bed and I lost it. I felt someone sit down next to me and wrap me in their arms, I looked up and it was Leo. "How could he say that to me, he is supposed to love me." I cried. "It's okay." Leo said while rubbing my back something hunter always did to calm me down. "People say things they don't mean all the time when they are mad, don't take it to heart. I know hunter would never mean that." Just keep your head up, he"ll come around." "Okay, thank you." I said hugging him back the best I could with my broken wrist. "Anytime" he said then got up and left. I laid down on the bed ANC played with the engagement ring on my finger. I thought about Hunter and I's fight, it was like my parents. Over something stupid, that was one of the things that caused them to get a divorce the second time. I had vowed that day that I would not turn out like my parents, that I would work out my problems, not run away from them. That's what I intend to do with Hunter. We love each other way to much to let something so stupid and unimportant break is apart. I was to lost in thought to hear someone knock on the door and eventually come in because I didn't answer. I looked up and it was Hunter. 

Hunters POV

"Hey" I said. "Hi" she said back, clearly looking hurt. I can't believe I hurt the love of my life. "Can I sit down?" I asked her? "Sure, it's your parents house." She said with a little bit of sass, yet another reason why I love her. Not afraid to stand up for herself. "Well it's going to be both out parents house, I hope" I said after sitting down next to her. "Of course Hunter, I'm not going to be weak like my parents and let one little argument break us up. I was so relieved on the inside, I thought for sure we were over. "You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that." I told her grabbing her hand, this time she didn't pull away. "I'm so sorry baby, I didn't mean what I said. I am never going to make that mistake again." I said while bringing my hand up to my lips, giving it a gentle kiss. "I forgive you Hunter, we are both stressed out, we just needed to get away from each other for a bit. And I'm sorry for what I said too." She said looking into my eyes. "No no, you don't need to apologize. You had every right to say those things and be mad at me, I deserved it." I assured her. "Well thank you but no you don't, so sorry just the same." She said. Oh this girl, always has to get the last word in, but that's okay. I love her more then anything so I'll let it slide. "Do you want to get some sleep now?" I asked her tucking some hair behind her ear. "Yah I'm kinda tired" she said trying to hold in a yawn, which didn't really work. "Okay, sweet dreams love." I said while kissing her forehead. I was about to stand up when I felt her grab my arm so I turned around to see her smiling. "Would you stay with me?" She asked shyly. "Of course, anything for my girl." I said while laying back down. She snuggled into my chest and let out a content sigh. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her and we both fell into a peaceful sleep