The Call

Eleanor's POV

Hunter was at the studio today, so I was at home giving it a more feminine touch. I didn't want to change things to much because Hunter is kind of OCD about things. I was in the middle of changing the bedding to put on clean things when my cell phone rang, I pulled it out and it was Hunter. "Hey boogaloo, what's up?" I answered. "Hi love not much, just wanted to hear your voice." He responded. I started giggling because I could tell he was smiling and I knew I was blushing. "Hey Hunter, who are you talking to?" I heard all the guys ask teasingly in the background. "My girlfriend if that's okay with you." Hunter responded back with a little bit of sass.  We talked for a few minutes until I heard them calling him back. "Sweetheart I gotta go, but when I come home I'll bring Chinese." He said, I could tell he was a little sad. "Okay, I can't want, play nice boys." I joked. 'We will, I love you Eleanor." He said. "I love you too Hunter." I said and then we both hung up and I picked up the blanket to start making the bed again when my phone rang again. I picked it up and answered it, "Do you miss me already?" I didn't bother looking at the caller ID because Hunter was really the only person who called me. But the person who answered back was definitely not Hunter. "No I definitely don't miss you." The voice said. I knew then that it was my mother, we hadn't spoken since I moved in with Hunter a few weeks ago. I didn't want to get into another argument with her, so I just apologized taking the blame, it's what I'm used to anyway. "I'm sorry I thought it was Hunter." I said quietly. "Oh yah that boy you left your family for, the one that took you away from us, the one you went to shack up with!" She screamed. This wasn't her, she wasn't this angry when I first left so she must have been drunk, there was no other explanation. Anger started to boil inside of me, she could talk to or about me like that nut not Hunter. She was crossing the line, he has done absolutely nothing wrong. I finally lost it. "You listen to me Julie and you listen good because I am only going to say this once. I don't know who the hell you think you are talking about Hunter like that. You have no right, he has done nothing to you. One: I didn't leave my family. I am always going to be there just not in the same state, but this is all part of growing up, moving out of the house. Two: He didn't take me away, I left on my own free will because I love him and I want to be with him. Same goes for him with me. And third: I did not move down here to check up with him, he respects me way more then that. We have talked and we both agree we want to wait until after marriage to do anything like that, not that it's any of your business. So I suggest if you can not be happy for Hunter and I then stop contacting me because I want nothing more to do with your negativity." I said angrily and hung up, not wanting to hear her opinions or her disapproval of our relationship anymore. It hurts to much. I then fell down on the bed sobbing. 

Hunter's POV

After I got done in the studio I got dinner and headed home. "Baby, I'm home." I said while looking around for Eleanor. I set the food down in the kitchen and didn't see her there or in the living room. "Babe?" I said while looking in the rest of the house for her. She wasn't anywhere downstairs so she must be upstairs. I headed up and I heard crying, I started getting worried so I raced up the stairs and went to our room where I found Eleanor burled into a ball hugging my pillow sobbing. "What's wrong sweetheart?" I asked worriedly while running over to her. She didn't answer, she just kept crying. I laid down next to her and pulled her into me. I started to rub her back to try to calm her down, she was going to have an anxiety attack soon if she didn't calm down. Finally after a good half an hour and a soaked shirt of mine, her sobs turned into light cries. I pulled away just enough so I could see her face, but close enough to comfort her if she needed it. "Now sweetheart, please tell me what's wrong. I hate seeing you like this." I soothingly started rubbing her cheeks and looking into her red, swollen eyes. 

Eleanor's POV

After Hunter calmed me down, I took a deep breath and told him about the phone call from my mother. He looked absolutely appalled. He assured me that none of it was true, even though I knew it's wasn't "I'm sorry" I said while starting to cry again. "Woah baby, what are you saying sorry for?" He asked me confused while wiping away the tears that had fallen. "I'm sorry for the way she is treating you and talking badly about you to me. I don't blame you if you want to break up with me." I then started crying a little harder thinking this is it, this is how we are going to break up. 

Hunter's POV

What, she thinks I  am going to break up with her? How could she think that? "Eleanor, baby, why on earth would I break up with you?" I asked her while holding her face in my hands so I could look into her eyes, occasionally wiping the tears away that fell. "Well." She said taking a shaky breath. "Because of what my mom said and how she is treating you. You don't deserve it, and you don't need all the drama that I am bringing into your life." She told me looking away. "Eleanor listen to me, I don't know what lies she has put into your head but none of it is true." I said grabbing her hands before continuing. "I love you with all of my heart and no one is going to change that. And I'm sure as hell not going to let anyone, especially your mother come between us. If she contacts you again wether it be calling, texting, Facebook or any other kind of social media please tell me so I can take care of it. I hate to see you this way love, I want you to be as happy as possible but I can't make that happen if you don't let me help. I love you so much Eleanor, I don't want to lose you, hell I can't lose you." "I love you Hunter, thank you." She said sniffling. "No need to thank me darling, I am only doing my job and protecting what's mine." I replied hugging her. I suggested a movie night while we ate dinner. We spent the rest of the night cuddled together on the couch watching movies until we fell asleep, together where we were meant to be. I knew in that moment she was the one, I had to make her mine forever, and I know just when to do it too...