I Just Want to Protect You

Eleanor’s POV:

We all said our goodbye’s and made plan’s to go over for Easter dinner. “You are of course invited to Hunter” my grandpa said to Hunter “I’d be honored, count me in.” Hunter said appreciatively while shaking his hand. We headed to my house with my mom. Hunter decided to stay in Vermont for a few days to make sure I was okay. We got home and brought our bags into my room. I set mine down and flopped onto my bed. It feels so good to be home I said, although it was muffled because my face was buried into my comforter. I heard Hunter chuckle and then walk over to me. I felt the bed dip next to me, then him start to rub my back. “Long day huh?” He said, I could sense a little concern in his voice. “oh yah’ I said while tilting my head while he could understand me. He lied down next to me, still rubbing my back and looked into my eyes sympathetically. “I’m sorry you have to go through this.” He said. “It’s okay, it’s not your fault.” “I wish I could do more, I feel so helpless. ‘You are not helpless love, you are doing the most helpful thing by just being with me. I could not ask for anything else” I said while snuggling into him. He wrapped his arms around me and then took a deep breath. I had a feeling he was about to ask me something. 

Hunter’s POV:

I took a deep breath and kissed her forehead before pulling away to look at her. “Eleanor, I know this isn’t the best of times to talk about this or ask you this. But I was thinking of you maybe moving to Nashville to live with me.?” “I don’t think I would be able to leave you here alone knowing everything that is going on in your life, I would worry about you way to much. I know how you get sometimes, and I don’t want you to go through any of this or anything else alone. I want to be right there next to you, helping you through it when you need me. I just want to protect you.” She looks stunned, I mean I don’t blame her. Some guy she has only been dating for a couple months is asking her to leave her family and move over 1000 miles from them. I knew she would need to have time to think about it, I don’t blame her. Having to move away from everything you have known your whole life is had, trust me I know, I’ve done it. I was about to tell her to take all the time she needed but what she did surprised the heck out of me.

Eleanor’s POV:

I’ll admit, when he asked me I was a little overwhelmed because lots of things came flooding into my mind all at once. How would I leave my family? I’ve lived with them my whole life. Also another big thing was my uncle who has ALS, the disease was starting to progress and I didn’t want to be to far away from him if anything happened. And now to add on everything with my grandfather, I don’t see them that much as it is. But they would not want me to stay here just because I was worried about them. As scared as I was, I just thought if Hunter loves me as much as he says he does then everything will be alright. “Yes!” I screamed out, I think I scared him a little bit with my sudden outburst. He stood there just looking at me then said “are you sure, I don’t want you to say yes until you are really sure.” “I’ve never been more sure of anything in my whole life” I said while smiling. He opened up his arms signaling that he wanted a hug, I jumped into them without a second thought. In his arms I felt safe and loved. It didn’t matter where I lived or what I was doing, as long as I was in his arms, I was home. Hunter and I decided to watch movies in my room until it was time to go to bed. We were watching Clue until I could feel myself falling asleep. I needed to get some water because I can not go to sleep without having water to drink throughout the night, so Hunter and I headed out to the kitchen. My dad was still up watching tv and my mom had gone to bed. We got our water and started to head back down the hallway, until I heard my dad say “Let’s keep it pg okay.” “Dad!” I yelled and blushed “You heard me” He said smirking and looking back at the tv. “You have nothing to worry about Mr. Lauzon, we aren’t like that” Hunter said reassuringly while we walked back into my room. “I’m really sorry about that Hunter” I said embarrassed. “No worries” He replied while hugging me and laying down underneath the covers. He patted the spot next to hi and I climbed in. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him so my head was resting on his chest. “Goodnight my angel, I love you” He said while kissing me head and rubbing my arm. “Goodnight Hunter, I love you too” I replied and then fell fast asleep.