New York City

(December 31st)

Eleanor's POV

I've been starting some of the wedding planning and let me tell you it's stressful, but Lynette has been helping me. We skype pretty much everyday, talking about what colors we want, the menu, and things like that. We are even planning on going to New York to look at dresses. I am bringing Hunter because he needs a break, he works to hard and he needs a mini vacation. We planned for a fee weeks out so hunter can get things squared away and so Lynette can work things out on her end. Hunter and I were just spending New Year's Eve at home relaxing, nothing really that extravagant. Just making some food and watching the ball drop on tv. 

Hunters POV

Today we are flying to New York so Eleanor can look at dresses. I'm taking her to Kleinfeld's to look for her dress, she has always wanted to go there so I thought it would be a nice surprise even though she already knows. My mom and Eleanor's mom were meeting us there. Eleanor and her mom have been talking more, she apologized to Eleanor and me. I'm just happy everything is okay again. We have a flight booked for early in the morning and we have an appointment for the bridal salon in the afternoon so I figured well just relax or do some shopping before then and probably after. Eleanor is really excited, she has always wanted to go to New York, she has pretty much had her bags packed since Christmas. 

Eleanor's POV

Hunter and I woke up at around 5 to get to the airport for 7, our flight then leaves at 8. We both showered and made coffee, doing last minute checks to make sure we had everything we needed. We got to the airport and got on the plane without problems, although as more people are finding out about our engagement there have been more paparazzi around us. Hunter just tells me to look down and ignore them. I always hear them asking me all sorts of questions, the ones that catch me off guard are the ones asking if I'm pregnant and if Hunter has ever cheated on me, why do they care about me. Why do they have to ask those questions, it really does bother me but I never tell hunter, he worries about me enough. 

Hunters POV

We landed in New York and checked into our hotel, we also found out that both our moms were staying in the same hotel. I had been texting them both throughout the plane ride trying to coordinate a birthday breakfast for Eleanor. Her birthday is on the second, and I wanted to spend some time with her in New York before we go back, she deserves it. My girl will be turning 23, I can't believe it. I'm planning on taking her out to a nice dinner just the two of us, our moms will be leaving in the afternoon. I think we've got everything sorted out. 

Eleanor's POV

We all decided to head to Kleinfeld's, we ended up just relaxing in the hotel room to take a little nap. I think we were all tired. We got there and they asked me who I had with me. Yes I know it's weird to have the groom there but I won't tell him what dress I'll be picking. I am going to try on lots of dresses and he'll have to try to guess which one I picked. The big reveal will of course be on our wedding day. I had a vague idea of what kind of dress I wanted but I wasn't sure walking in, seeing all the dresses they had was a little overwhelming. She pulled a few different styles and silhouettes for me to try on. The first was a ball gown, it was beautiful but it didn't have that wow factor, I didn't cry when I saw myself in it. I showed everyone anyway and my mom instantly cried. She said she hated the dress but she was sad that her little girl was growing up. I laughed at that. I tried on a few dresses to try to confuse Hunter, I finally found the one though.

Hunters POV

She looked beautiful in all of them, heck she looks good in anything. I wish I could figure out which dress she was going to pick, but whatever one she picks she will be beautiful. She brought my mom and her mom into her room, I could tell that she had picked her dress by the way both of our mothers were crying when the came out of the room. We went out to eat then do some sight seeing, and a little shopping. We went back to the hotel to get some sleep, Eleanor thinks that we are heading back tomorrow but little does she know that things are just going to be beginning. 

Eleanor's POV

Today is my birthday, I don't have anything planned. I feel like someone is watching me, I turned around to see Hunter smiling. "Good morning birthday girl," he said leaning down to kiss me. "How does it feel to be 23?" He asks me. "I feel old" I moaned to him. "Hey if you are old then I'm old too." He said chuckling. "That's true, but only by 4 months." I said pecking his lips. "Alright smartass, let's get up and get ready for the day." He said laughing. "What do you mean get ready for the day?" I asked him. "That my dear, is a surprise. For me to know and you to find out." He said helping me up. 

Hunters POV

We met our moms for breakfast then said our goodbyes. Eleanor and I went to do some more shopping then just went to relax before dinner. She dressed in a plum colored maxi dress and flats, I just had some dress slacks and a button up shirt. We went to Olive Garden, I told them it was her birthday and they sung to her. Her face was red with embarrassment. We walked around in Times Square for a but, they still had the Christmas decorations up so it made it extra special. We went back to the hotel after a while to get some rest. I woke up the next morning early because I couldn't sleep, I turned on the tv to see if there was anything on. I stopped on a news channel because I saw something about us on there. Word had gotten out that we were in New York, it should be interesting. We pulled up to the airport to be greeted by flashing cameras, I told eleanor to stay close to me and just ignore them. I opened the door and heard all the yelling, I grabbed Eleanor's hand and pulled her close to me, I tried to walk quickly into the airport but there was to many people, blocking our way.

Eleanor's POV

I was trying to stay as close to Hunter as I could but it was hard, there was lots of people and I was honestly getting scared. There was lots of flashes and lots of yelling. I could tell hunter was getting frustrated, we both just wanted to get out of here and get home. Then someone yelled something at me that made us both stop in our tracks. "Hunter you could do so much better then her, she's so fat. Out of all the thousands of girls why did you pick her, she's nothing special." Hunter was beyond angry now, he dropped out bags and turned around, walking towards the person that yelled that. "How dare you, no one talks about my Fiancé like that. She has done nothing wrong to you so I suggest you stop harassing us before I do something I regret." He yelled. His vein in his neck was popping out and his face was red with anger. I knew I had to step in before something happened. "Hunter let's go they're not worth it" I told him walking him back over to get our bags and get on the plane. We got into our seats and Hunter fell asleep, I let him sleep because he needed it. What the paparazzi said really hurt but I wasn't going to let it show. I just wish they hadn't... 

Love Y'all!! 

Instagram, Tumblr & Twitter: @hunterhayesvt