I'm Sorry...

Eleanor’s POV

I hear beeping, but where am I and who is holding my hand? I hear someone crying. Then I get a flashback and remember everything. Going sight seeing with Hunter, driving and singing in the car, then the accident. Hunter, Oh my gosh Hunter, is he okay? I need to open my eyes and find out. When I open my eyes I see Lynette sitting on a chair crying and holding my hand, Leo is behind her rubbing her shoulders comforting her. I hear her whisper “She has to be alright, nothing can happen to her. What would Hunter do if she doesn’t survive” They haven’t noticed that I am awake yet. “She’ll be okay, we just have to pray. It’s in God’s hands now.” I clear my throat to get their attention and they both turn their heads to face me. Lynette immediately hugs me and cries happy tears. “Oh Thank God you’re okay” She says hugging my as if her life depended on it. The only thing I am able to get out is “Hunter?” It was more of a question then anything, I really wanted to know how he was. “He’s okay, he is sleeping. He got actually more damage then you though since the truck his on his side.” Leo told me. “Can I go see him?” I asked “Of course, we just need to go get the doctor so he can come in and see how you are doing.” Leo said “But...” I started to say before Lynette interrupted me “No Buts Eleanor.” “Fine” I said with a sigh of defeat. “Well Hello Ms. Lauzon, how are you doing?” Some guy who I’m assuming the doctor was asked me. “Fine I guess, just in a little bit of pain in my wrist and  ankle.” I told him. “Well that’s understandable. You have a broken left wrist and a broken ankle. You were lucky, your fiancé got the most damage.” He said looking at my chart. “What happened to Hunter?” I asked suddenly feeling more scared. “Mr. Hayes has 4 broken ribs, a broken arm, broken leg, and concussion.” He said. “I need to see him” I said immediately “Please” I said then looking into Lynette’s eyes. Lynette then looked at the doctor which made him respond “I’ll go get a wheelchair” I was taken out of the bed and put in the wheelchair then brought to Hunter’s room, which was next door to mine. I smiled thinking that even though we were hurt, we weren’t that far apart. When I saw him I felt to bad, this is all my fault. 

Hunter’s POV

I heard my door open, since I wasn’t really asleep anymore I decided to just open my eyes. When I did I saw my parents wheeling Eleanor in, I started crying. I’m so happy she’s okay. “There’s my girl.” I said causing her to smile, man I missed that smile. I reached out my hand and she grabbed on and held tight. I brought it up to my lips and kissed it, “I love you.” I told her. “I Love you to Hunter, and I’m so sorry.” She said starting to cry. “Woah woah sweetheart, what are you sorry for?” I asked her looking into her eyes. I could not do much else, she was holding to my right hand and my left hand was broken. I wish I could just hug her. “Well, I wanted to go out. We could have just stayed in but I wanted to make you happy and go around to the places you went to as a kid. I tried to do something nice but it ended in disaster.” She said between sobs. “Love, this was not your fault. It wasn’t anyones fault, except the person who ran the red light and hit us. It was just bad timing, you could not have possibly known that this was going to happen. Promise me you wont blame yourself for this, you had no control over what was going to happen.” She looked at me and said “I promise Hunter” Good that’s my girl, now can I have a kiss?” I asked her with a grin. “Of course” She said we kissed then just say and talked in my room until her doctor told her she should go back and get some rest. “Okay” She said “I’ll see you in a while” I told her kissing her hand “I Love you sweetheart” I said. “I love you too babe” She told me before she was wheeled away.  Well I’ve got nothing else to do so I better just get some sleep, but I would sleep better knowing Eleanor was okay. 

Eleanor’s POV

I was finally released a few days later, Hunter still had to stay for another week because of his concussion and ribs. Lynette and Leo would bring me everyday, they would visit with him for a little bit then leave me until visiting hours were over then they would come pick me up. This continued until Hunter was ready to be released. We were both given strict orders by our doctor to relax and not do to much, so that meant we were going to be staying in Louisiana until we were able to walk around on our own. Let’s face it, 2 people with broken legs trying to take care of one another would not work. We were pretty much bedridden which was pretty boring. I could tell hunter was getting antsy, he hadn’t picked up an instrument in a few weeks and I could tell he missed it. “Hunter It’ll be okay, you just have to give yourself time to heal.” I told him trying to distract him. “You don’t understand, I need to do something. I can’t just sit here doing nothing, I’m not used to it. I don’t sit around all day like some people do, I actually get out of the house and work.!” He yelled at me. “I was speechless, he has never yelled at me before, that really hurt. Why would he say that? As soon as he saw my expression, his eyes filled with regret. “Eleanor I’m sorry...” He said trying to grab my hand. I pulled my hand away and said “Don’t, just don’t...”